Triumph 675 Forums banner

Triumph 675s in the CMRA

5K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Dave73 
#1 ·
This first race of the season at mar Houston I noticed that there were a lot more forum members out there racing in the CMRA. Just wanted everyone to check in and get to know each other if yall want. Most of yall I have met are a great group of guys.

oh squiggly line how I doth love how you make my tripple howl

#2 ·
One more thing Micah one of the forum members here takes pictures at the CMRA races and does a fantastic job. Great guy as well. Here's his site. Believe he uploads all the pics there. Tiemworkphotography.com

#4 ·
I'll check in: #177 - prov nov, sprinting in Superstock C and Heavy Weight Twins. Goals for the first round at MSRH were: to get through the race school, mock race, corner work, complete my first races ever, not crash, and generally learn how the whole process works.

I'll be at TWS for round #2 and will be focusing on fundamentals and will definitely try to get more aggressive at the start. If all goes well, I should be done with the yellow shirt at the end of that weekend.

At MSRH I was running 2:01 in the races (ran 1:58 in practice that morning) and really need to be running a bit faster (short term goal is 1:55 at MSRH) to be able to have more racing action. I'm certainly not competitive yet, but the main goal is to have fun!

#5 ·
Very true and nice to meet you. If you want some tips or anything let me know I'm not the fastest by any means but I've got my starts pretty well nailed down and my confidence back now. Looking to run low 150s at tws this next round. Don't mind slowing down a bit to help someone though and if you are going to the ridesmart event before hand and want some pointers let me know.

#6 ·
Finished my second race weekend and my prov nov requirements! Race day I was riding 2:08s and so was towards the back of the pack again (I hand timed a 2:04 in practice on Friday). Goal is to get below 2:00 by the end of the season. Conditions were pretty miserable early Sunday (no excuses though as the fast guys were still doing 1:43s). Raced SSC, SBC, and HWT.

You?

#7 ·
I actually went home in Saturday unfortunately my rear shock started leaking and by the end of the day Friday I was pretty much just riding on spring. It's all apart now and the shock is sent off. Sub two minute times there are hard. Next race weekend at ecr come find me and I'll follow you for a lap or two and vice versa try and get you up to speed a little.

#9 ·
I'll be there this weekend. I've already paid for Friday and Sunday and have some rain tires waiting for me when I get there. Let's hope the rain tires chase the wet stuff away!

#10 ·
With the cost of the TD, class, license, and registration i just can't swing buying two sets of tires, one of which i may or may not need anytime soon....

I recall a year or two ago where it was dry at the pit/ front straight but pouring rain in turns 4-8. What a mess that was

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.