Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i picked up a 675 over the weekend and have a trip from Houston to the Three Sisters in April and was wondering what if you guys have any comments or recommendations on prep for taking the 675 out on long trips, we'll basically be riding Fri - Sun 12 hours a day so i'm a little concerned about comfort and such.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
12 hours a day is extremely rough on the Daytona.

Gel Seat
Flip the clipons (right side moved to left side upsidown, and vise versa)
Change positions a lot
Luckily you'll only get around 150-160 miles per tank
When you stop, stretch and walk around a bit before hopping back on
Cramp buster or throttle lock. You need to rest your right hand.

I had one 13.5 hour day on it and it was brutal. I was perfectly fine with like 6 hours or under, and I could do a few back to back days of 8-9 hours. I spent a lot of time with my feet dangling down for miles. Luckily I'm short so they didn't drag on the ground.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
On a Daytona? Good luck! At least you have some wind protection though. But you are gonna be hella sore. It will be brutal, but it can be done. :thumbup: I wouldn't do days that long, you are pushing the limits of your body and mind. When you get tired on that second day you'll wish you had stayed home. Go for it Ironman! haha

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Dude, if you're in Houston just send me a PM. We can hang out one of these days and I'll try my best to give some helpful advice on long trips.

I've done several tours on the 675, the longest being a 6000 mile ride covering most of the western states.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gel seat
switch your riding positions every now and then
tank bag so you can lay on top of it
Good idea with the tank bag, I've thought about that idea with other bikes but never went through with it.

12 hours a day is extremely rough on the Daytona.

Gel Seat
Flip the clipons (right side moved to left side upsidown, and vise versa)
Change positions a lot
Luckily you'll only get around 150-160 miles per tank
When you stop, stretch and walk around a bit before hopping back on
Cramp buster or throttle lock. You need to rest your right hand.

I had one 13.5 hour day on it and it was brutal. I was perfectly fine with like 6 hours or under, and I could do a few back to back days of 8-9 hours. I spent a lot of time with my feet dangling down for miles. Luckily I'm short so they didn't drag on the ground.
well, I say 12 - we'll probably be out and about for 12 hours but theres going to be plenty of down time throughout the day. I don't expect to have any straight distance of riding more than 6 - 7 hours from Houston to west Austin, nobody really wants to stop on that for anything other than gas. Saturday we'll be on the sisters from sun-up to sun-down though. Sunday is the ride back.

Sounds like it should be bearable with decent prep. Thanks for the suggestions there, good stuff.

Dude, if you're in Houston just send me a PM. We can hang out one of these days and I'll try my best to give some helpful advice on long trips.

I've done several tours on the 675, the longest being a 6000 mile ride covering most of the western states.
Wow, nice, are you on the MotoHouston.com forums?

Thanks for all the feedback, i'll probably end up getting a Double Bubble Screen, Tank Bag, Corbin Seat (I ride daily anyway) and a Crampbuster for the highway. I doubt I'll flip the clip-ons but i'm going to look into it anyways.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Wow, nice, are you on the MotoHouston.com forums?

Thanks for all the feedback, i'll probably end up getting a Double Bubble Screen, Tank Bag, Corbin Seat (I ride daily anyway) and a Crampbuster for the highway. I doubt I'll flip the clip-ons but i'm going to look into it anyways.
I have a profile on MH, but I think I've been on the forum less than 3 or 4 times. I've posted even less.

I ride with a group of friends that are mostly based out of the West Houston area. You're welcome to join us at our next meet if you're looking for some people to ride with.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a profile on MH, but I think I've been on the forum less than 3 or 4 times. I've posted even less.

I ride with a group of friends that are mostly based out of the West Houston area. You're welcome to join us at our next meet if you're looking for some people to ride with.
Maybe so, I live in Katy.

LORD HA'Mercy:biggrinjester:
Well hell its either the Daytona or the 2 fiddy! :rofl2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.