Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much I'm looking for a book/manual so I can learn everything about the engine of my 675. I want to know it inside and out. Would a HAYNES manual do this for me? Or the service manual? or something cheaper than the service manual cause that thing is hella expensive.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I know that I google 675 Daytona and found the factory manual for free download. That being said I think that a Haynes manual would be a bit better as the factory manual is kind of hard to follow at times.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Maybe the Haynes Manual will help. I have both the OEM and Haynes for my Bonneville and the intro pages goes into the history of the Bonneville. Maybe they do the same thing with the 675.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the responses

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well I just got my Triumph Service Manual. It looks nice but the one thing I might pass on is it comes in a 3 ring binder with loose leaf pages. I think this might have been good to know before I bought it. From past experience it might have a problem with pages ripping out unlike a book.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah my manual was so expensive the dealer tried to talk me out of it.

$123 for a friggin binder....yeash

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah my manual was so expensive the dealer tried to talk me out of it.

$123 for a friggin binder....yeash
Well if you use the book one time it payed for itself. That might be why the dealer was trying to talk you out of it as well its money out of their pocket.

·
Registered
496 Posts
so i did the conversion.. LOL

4.99 Euros = 6.98 American Dollars!!!

Now that i think is worth it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Well if you use the book one time it payed for itself. That might be why the dealer was trying to talk you out of it as well its money out of their pocket.
Agreed. I've 'had' to use the service manual only a few times, but I know I would have paid dearly to get the same work done at a dealer. I have also done work only because I knew that I had the manual also.

I didn't know Haynes made a manual for the 675 till now...or for motorcycles for that matter.....hmmm, it is cheaper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts