Triumph 675 Forums banner

Trickle charger questions

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  THRILLER 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in buying a trickle charger for my battery on my bike/car if needed but I don't know which one to buy. I've seen the optimate 3+ and the optimate 4 but they are a bit pricey, I've also seen the battery tender jr by deltran which is way cheaper... don't they all do the same thing? Is one better than the other?
Thoughts and suggestions

#4 ·
I have a Optimate 3+ and have been using it on the bike and car for about 3 years. Output is about 0.8 amps which is similar to 0.75 amps of Battery Tender Jr. Bike batteries used to last about 3 years before using Optimate. Latest battery going for 5 years since using Optimate.

#6 ·
WalMart sells a good one called SpeedCell for like $15. That's what i use.

#8 ·
For the same price as a tender buy a normal car battery charger. That way you can use it on your car and your bike. Most will let you select slow or quick charge in the range of 2A-10A. I slow charge mine overnight once a month and just had to replace my ORIGINAL early 06 battery.

#10 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in buying a trickle charger for my battery on my bike/car if needed but I don't know which one to buy. I've seen the optimate 3+ and the optimate 4 but they are a bit pricey, I've also seen the battery tender jr by deltran which is way cheaper... don't they all do the same thing? Is one better than the other?
Thoughts and suggestions
Buy one of these. You won't be disappointed. I keep mine plugged in all the time when I am not riding. It will go into storage mode when fully charged. Your bike will always be at full power when you start it up!!!

http://www.batterytender.com/battery-tender-plus-12v-at-1-25a.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.