Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to slowly give you hints...First person to get it wins a prize :biggrinjester:

Hopefully you guess it soon because I only took three pictures...

EDIT: So I wanted people to guess what it was, but SiW got it in about 30 seconds...

Mine is/was just an experiment, so I didn't create a walkthrough. I know I've seen a few people asking about this, so if I feel frisky enough I might make one...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Damn, that was quick :rofl2:

I still have a few minor things to do, but it is pretty close to being finished.

I still have to find a connector I can use at the front because there is no way I am soldering all those wires in the picture--lots of time and it wouldn't be very clean. Then I have to wrap it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
I was going to say Laser Beam, but I would have been wrong. :grin: Nice mod!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I was going to say Laser Beam, but I would have been wrong. :grin: Nice mod!
ya i was going to say flux capacitor, but i forgot they came stock. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
73 Posts
So did you move the fuse box to the back yourself? Thats nice where it should be!:thumbup:

I only know what a 09 looks like and did you just cut out all the BS that runs in a circle like mine. They do sh1t weird from trimuph!
Seems like way to many wires for so little that needs to work.

I have open that can of worms and plucked out the stuff I know I don't need. and there is still a lot that should be able to be removed.

First, I need to finish making it run correctly and fix smashed exhaust pipe which i just finished, before I really gave it a true hair cut....

I would like to know if you started from scratch or just removed wire, I see the pink wires for the gauges and tip over switches and the sensor in the first pic..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So did you move the fuse box to the back yourself? Thats nice where it should be!:thumbup:
I did! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I spent about 2 hours looking at the wiring harness on the ground thinking..."What a mess...don't screw it up.." Finally I just started cutting wires and about 40 mins later the bike was running again :coolgleamA:

I only know what a 09 looks like and did you just cut out all the BS that runs in a circle like mine. They do sh1t weird from trimuph!
Seems like way to many wires for so little that needs to work.
I got rid of the alarm connector, the lights, the cooling fan, the idle control valve, the EXUP wiring, the O2 wiring, and the intake flapper wiring...

I have open that can of worms and plucked out the stuff I know I don't need. and there is still a lot that should be able to be removed.

First, I need to finish making it run correctly and fix smashed exhaust pipe which i just finished, before I really gave it a true hair cut....

I would like to know if you started from scratch or just removed wire, I see the pink wires for the gauges and tip over switches and the sensor in the first pic..
I just removed wire. I'm in the process now of creating a wiring diagram for my bike with everything removed via ExpressSCH. It's a pretty neat program.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The fuse box in the battery compartment is a genius idea I never considered. Think it'd be possible to do but still have the headlight....? I don't think it's long enough unfortunately :(

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The fuse box in the battery compartment is a genius idea I never considered. Think it'd be possible to do but still have the headlight....? I don't think it's long enough unfortunately :(
I think it would definitely be possible, but with the amount of wires that would have to run back there it would be messy and you would probably have to add length.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah, the only thing that I have, wires wise, that's for a street bike instead of a track bike is rear signals, front signals (1 set from mirrors) and headlights. Intake flapper, O2, exup, and rear brake light switch are all gone. I shall have to investigate this further :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurect this from page 10.....

I'm building a 2010 675 into racebike and need to know if I can bypass the key without issue.

anyone?

Thx

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'm building a 2010 675 into racebike and need to know if I can bypass the key without issue.

anyone?

Thx
I'm sure it can be done. Not hating, just curious - why would you need to bypass the key? Install a start button?

·
Registered
473 Posts

anyone?

Thx
Great question! :rofl2:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yes you can by pass the key with no issues. Without looking I can't remember which two connections you make on the harness part of the connector.

Has anyone cut the EXUP control connector and engine test lead connector (usually by the side of the EXUP cable) off?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yes, you can eliminate the key switch, but you will need to run a switch for ignition (normally keyed power) and starter.

You can wire it with two switches or a single one. Just make sure the starter side is heavy enough for the amp draw of the starter.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I got rid of the alarm connector, the lights, the cooling fan, the idle control valve, the EXUP wiring, the O2 wiring, and the intake flapper wiring...
How did it go with removing the idle control valve, and O2? The ECU didn't throw a fit, and the bike ran fine? Is this all just for weight, or are other advantages gained?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts