Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why do you need that stuff? wear a helmet, dont carry passengers under 7, don't drink and ride...
Because I am not an idiot? How about you? If you don't like the topic then GTFO and stop muddying up the forum with your nonsense. Any idiot who knows anything about touring knows you don't just leave with a helmet and your balls. :duh:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Because I am not an idiot? How about you? If you don't like the topic then GTFO and stop muddying up the forum with your nonsense. Any idiot who knows anything about touring knows you don't just leave with a helmet and your balls. :duh:
whoah, i meant the first link only about helmet laws and legal BAC per state... my bad if i was out of line dude...

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Woaaaaah... A bit much caffeine this morning Doub? :rofl:

I haven't checked your links yet, but this is what I fit in my tour tool kit:

- Two way screwdriver (came w/ bike)
- Allen wrenches, I forgot the sizes (and they are not on the wrench itself) but they are the ones that fit the stock bolts, the peg bolts (same size as engine mount bolts), and the bar end bolts. The rest I just brought along just in case my travel buddy needed it.
- Sockets and wrenches, sizes 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 26? (the rear wheel tak-er off-er socket).
- Two socket wrenches, becase 8mm and 14mm that I have needs two different adapters.
- Socket extension (so you can take off the exhaust, or engine covers, or any hard to reach spots if necessary).
- Locking pliers
- Needle nose pliers (or you could just buy a Leatherman tool set, I broke mine)
- An ass load of zip ties
- Duct tape
- Electrical tape
- Teflon tape
- Loctite
- Waterweld - easy to use epoxy, just cut and knead them together to mix the two compounds and stick it in the hole. Will dry on wet surfaces as well. Not sure how it would work on the engine casing though.
- Mushroom tire plug kit from Stop n Go, phenomenal product. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly and test out the tools at home to familiarize yourself with it.
-Fluids (extra oil mainly, just in case)

I've slimmed it down a bit since I made this list, but still contains all the tools above. A quality leatherman took over the spot for a few tools.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool info, pretty excessive packing list though.

:cool2:
Yeah, for most that would be excessive. Though it's probably meant as a catch-all. Kinda depends on where you are going, how long, what kind of bike etc...

whoah, i meant the first link only about helmet laws and legal BAC per state... my bad if i was out of line dude...
No problem, I'm in a shitty mood lately. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woaaaaah... A bit much caffeine this morning Doub? :rofl:

I haven't checked your links yet, but this is what I fit in my tour tool kit:

- Two way screwdriver (came w/ bike)
- Allen wrenches, I forgot the sizes (and they are not on the wrench itself) but they are the ones that fit the stock bolts, the peg bolts (same size as engine mount bolts), and the bar end bolts. The rest I just brought along just in case my travel buddy needed it.
- Sockets and wrenches, sizes 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 26? (the rear wheel tak-er off-er socket).
- Two socket wrenches, becase 8mm and 14mm that I have needs two different adapters.
- Socket extension (so you can take off the exhaust, or engine covers, or any hard to reach spots if necessary).
- Locking pliers
- Needle nose pliers (or you could just buy a Leatherman tool set, I broke mine)
- An ass load of zip ties
- Duct tape
- Electrical tape
- Teflon tape
- Loctite
- Waterweld - easy to use epoxy, just cut and knead them together to mix the two compounds and stick it in the hole. Will dry on wet surfaces as well. Not sure how it would work on the engine casing though.
- Mushroom tire plug kit from Stop n Go, phenomenal product. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly and test out the tools at home to familiarize yourself with it.
-Fluids (extra oil mainly, just in case)

I've slimmed it down a bit since I made this list, but still contains all the tools above. A quality leatherman took over the spot for a few tools.
Nearly identical to my setup. And now that you mention it, I had a shitload of coffee today, WAY more than normal. :hmm: :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.