Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am at a lose. I have a nasty nick in my tank and have been searching for some touch up paint but I can't find any where to get it. I have been to two different Triumph dealers, one told me to go to color rite, the other gave me a few ideas as well but to no avail.

So if anyone knows where I could get some touch up paint for a 09 Matte Graphite Street Triple R please let me know.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought mine through color rite:whistle:
You needed some touch up paint for your Street Triple too after everything else? That pour little bike. I checked at color rite and they had your black listed but nothing for my bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry, I didn't realize they didn't have yours. For my Futura, I bought some testors model paint in flat black, white and metalic silver and mixed it up. It's a good match. You may want to try mixing your own, only a few dollars to spend.
An altrnate might be to go to a body shop and have them work up a match from one of your side panels during the winter.
I dropped a wrench on my tank and chipped a small piece - it is now totally invisible.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Good spot Aprilian, e-bay UK also advertises touch up paint for the matte finishes. The gloss Graphite base coat without lacquer may do the trick.
This is the e-bay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-TOUCH-UP-PAINT-MATT-GRAPHITE-STREET-TRIPLE-R-/350326789036?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item51911a93ac
Good luck getting it to match properly.
+1 to doub. That stuff is like nail polish. If you have very small lines from rocks scratching then its ok but if its of any size it will look like $h!t.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well something close might look better then a white spot on the tank that looks like bird crap. I suppose I could get a set of Tech Spec grip pads to cover it up but I just was not sure how they would look on the bike.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If it's a small spot you are painting - use the edge of a folded paper towel and dip in the paint. Dab the surface with the wet towel and it will fill in the voids. Rotate the towel if you put too much on. Works like a champ :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not tried it yet but, this is the formula. Can forward you the email if needed.
Thanks, Patrick

Color Formula Inquiry Report
|-------+----------------------------------------+------+----------------|
| From | STANDOX - PETER GREGORY | Date | Oct 12, 2010 |
|-------+----------------------------------------+------+----------------|

Color TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLES From/To Years -
Owner

Paint Code LS Brand Panel # 861648

Color Name MATT GRAPHITE Lead Free Y

Quality STHYD STANDOHYD BASECOAT Color Variance

Coat 2 COAT TINTED CLEAR: BASECOAT TC Formulation Aug 13,
Date 2010

S-M-P Ind M

Ingredients

Quantity To Mix 1.0PT (100% Fill) Display Units GRAMS

Ingredient Description Amount Accum. Amount

WB372 SPEZIALSCHWARZ 120.2 120.2

WB394 SILBER FEIN 266.2 386.4

WB313 MONDSILBER 73.8 460.2

WB358 VELOURSBLAU 9.2 469.4

WB009 METALLIC-ADDITIV 9.3 478.7

WB355 VIOLETT 3.1 481.8

·
Registered
24 Posts
Color rite works real good. Had a scratch that dug into my swingarm, painted it with color rite and turned out great. Looked like it was from the factory.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Color rite works real good. Had a scratch that dug into my swingarm, painted it with color rite and turned out great. Looked like it was from the factory.
There has beenn quite a lot of speculation on the UK striple forum about how to touch up the frame on the 675. Could you post the Colorite recipe for that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well here is a little update. I sent an email to colorite to see if they could make a bottle of touch up paint based on the paint mix info that Patrick posted and they said they could only formulate a color if I was to send them a part in the mail. Well the only way I could do that would be to send them the entire tank. Anyone who has seen a R up close and personal can tell that the plastic color is not an exact match to the tank. I really don't want to shell out the cost for the shipping and also taking the risk of even more damage by putting in the hands of USPS or UPS etc.

I did go on the Standox website to find some information and see if I could find a source for some paint. I came across something interesting. I posted a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.standox.com/portal/en?pa...atid=6232779711611632102105110105115104101115http://www.standox.com/portal/en?pa...atid=6232779711611632102105110105115104101115

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well here is a little update. I sent an email to colorite to see if they could make a bottle of touch up paint based on the paint mix info that Patrick posted and they said they could only formulate a color if I was to send them a part in the mail. Well the only way I could do that would be to send them the entire tank. Anyone who has seen a R up close and personal can tell that the plastic color is not an exact match to the tank. I really don't want to shell out the cost for the shipping and also taking the risk of even more damage by putting in the hands of USPS or UPS etc.

I did go on the Standox website to find some information and see if I could find a source for some paint. I came across something interesting. I posted a link if anyone is interested.

http://www.standox.com/portal/en?pa...atid=6232779711611632102105110105115104101115
Dude, that sucks.
Did you try your local dealer?

http://pc.dupont.com/dpc/en/US/html/visitor/b/stx/s/locator/locator.html

-p

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was all ready a head of you on that one. I found two different suppliers listed local for Standox so hopefully I can have them mix up some. I also found a body shop about 60 miles away or so that deals with Standox and mixes their own paint so I have some options. I left messages but I am sure one single person is not real high on the priority list. Just wait and see what happens.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts