Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
Out of curiHow easy is it to do?

I work in IT and have been around the traps. I have purchased the VAG cable. I have a laptop to use for this purpose and I have ordered an Arrow slip on from overseas. I have minimal to medium mechanical skills (do my own oil changes, brake pad replacements etc) and am planning on installing the pipe and uploading the tune myself. Hopefully neither of these things is terribly hard to do.

· Registered
3,328 Posts
It's as mechanically difficult as removing the saddle, plugging the cable and an optional tender for the battery ^^

You might run into trouble with the drivers for the cable, but you'll get through that ;)

· Registered
253 Posts
It is easy as if you go to triumphinstructions.com and type in the part number you get the instructions. This is a very handy site as most Oem Triumph parts don't come with instructions. Below is the link for street triple arrows.

http://triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9600200-EN.pdf

If you need a hand with tuneecu or the drivers shoot me a PM I am here everyday.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the triumph dealer in melbourne have not heard of a TOR tune, they have the tunes for the arrow slip ons, the full arrow system and a tune for the stock looking accessory silencers..i guess would the last one be it?
they put the arrow slipon tune in my str with the leo vince slipons, more torque and runs well but a little to much fuel between 3.5 and 5.5 rpm, pops and sort of blubbers a bit...

· Registered
253 Posts
the triumph dealer in melbourne have not heard of a TOR tune, they have the tunes for the arrow slip ons, the full arrow system and a tune for the stock looking accessory silencers..i guess would the last one be it?
they put the arrow slipon tune in my str with the leo vince slipons, more torque and runs well but a little to much fuel between 3.5 and 5.5 rpm, pops and sort of blubbers a bit...
The Triumph accessory mufflers are the tors. Triumph Off Road (TOR) I am surprised they dont know about the tune. I have the Arrows with baffles removed and found the updated Tor tune works best.

· Registered
141 Posts
Time to find a new dealer lol...

The TOR tune is better than the arrow one!

· Registered
165 Posts
I installed the Arrow on my new Daytona yesterday and uploaded the tune.

Installing the pipe was an absolute piece of cake following the instructions from triumphinstructions.

Installing the cable on my laptop was a whole other story! I got one from EBay and had so much trouble on Win7, I installed WinXP. Still no luck. Tried another laptop with Win7. Long story short, ended up getting it working but it was far from straight forward!

Loaded the 20281 tune to my bike no problem. Haven't been able to take it for a spin yet as I finished in the middle of the night.

One thing that concerned me, in the parameters for the map, it says the rev limit is 13750. I thought it was supposed to be higher on an '09?

· Registered
957 Posts
Installing the cable on my laptop was a whole other story! I got one from EBay and had so much trouble on Win7, I installed WinXP. Still no luck. Tried another laptop with Win7. Long story short, ended up getting it working but it was far from straight forward!
agree, the first time i tried on my windows 7 laptop it did not install right, so i uninstalled and did it over with the WHQL Certified driver on that page and it worked. but windows 7 is different from the steps shown on the tune ecu page.

· Registered
304 Posts
VAG COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD

This is the one i Purchased. Fast shipping works A1

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VAG-USB-DIAGNOSTIC-CABLE-409-1-OBD2-II-LEAD-VAG-COM-/260743833950?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb58b295e
Thanks that helps a lot. So if I got this right, I can flash a new map on my bike for just 20 bucks with tuneECU, but would have to pay a lot more for the dealer to flash it, or buying a tuneboy. I like it, but don't understand why anyone would pay the dealer for such a job if it can be done for that cheap. Am I missing something?

· Registered
165 Posts
You can change your own oil and oil filter for a fraction of the cost a dealer can do it.

You got it right, the cable costs whatever you pay for it and the rest is free. As long as the cable installs easily, it is very easy to do the map change yourself.

If it costs $40 at the dealer, I consider that good value. It took me hours yesterday to get the cable working. I enjoy mucking around with these things but I guess most people are best off just taking it to a dealer and getting it done there. Just make sure they load the correct map!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.