Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the TOR ecu tune that's installed by triumph dealers. It's my understanding that this tune leaves the intake flapper valve open at all times. I was wondering if it also leaves the exup valve open at all times? Since this is not a "street legal" tune and both the exup and flapper valve are just Euro3 mandated noise control devices it would make sense that they would both be constant open. Anyone know?

·
Registered
516 Posts
i don't believe it leaves the intake flap open all the time.if i remember correctly it opens it up at 900 rpm,pretty much open as ling as the bike is running.

i don't think it does anything for the exup valve but i'm not sure.while it is there for noise it also helps to give some torque at lower rpm's.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The TOR map for the Arrow slip-on (the full Arrow map is different) does not alter the EXUP valve but it does change when the flapper opens.
The full Arrow system map disables both, however is no good on a standard system.
Dealer prices vary but some dealers map for free as part of a service, so its worth asking if your near a service interval.
Ditch both the EXUP and flapper and live happily ever after.

·
Registered
71 Posts
TOR maps for '06-'08 bikes leave the exup valve full open from 5500 rpm, unlike standard maps that make it from 7000 rpm.

Unlike this, all tunes for '09 Daytona full open the exup at 7000 rpm.
Note that for these bikes, the 20311 "Arrow map" isn't a "full exhaust map", but a crappy tune for the Arrow slip-on with db-killer fitted, developed for a Euro3-legal silencer. Fueling charts aren't different from those written in standard map, only ignition advance is slightly different.
TOR map 20281 is the good tune for open end cans.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have a question regarding the TOR ecu tune that's installed by triumph dealers. It's my understanding that this tune leaves the intake flapper valve open at all times. I was wondering if it also leaves the exup valve open at all times? Since this is not a "street legal" tune and both the exup and flapper valve are just Euro3 mandated noise control devices it would make sense that they would both be constant open. Anyone know?
I have the TOR tune on my '07. I had it mapped by the dealer. The flapper valve is open all the time. Even when the bike is shut off. That is the first thing I wanted to know when I got my bike back from the dealer for the first time. I'm not sure what TOR tune these other people got, but the flapper should remain open all the time if you have the TOR tune. Not sure about the exup. I also have the TOR exhaust and I love it!!! :coolgleamA:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts