Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy crap,the first episode was awesome.If you didn't catch the teasers,there is an S1000RR in it :excited:
If you missed it,it's now on final gear in 720p.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
they aired the first of the new season already? i was watching last night and it said its not coming on until next week, with back to back new episodes. ive been waiting a while for this now. :cool2:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I sqweed when I saw Tiff get out of the Atom :)

The BMW and Atom were surprisingly close. I honestly thought the Atom was going to blow the proverbial doors off of the BMW. I think having a pro rider at the helm of the bike made all the difference. A couple of times watching them rail around the track I couldn't help but think that the poor bike was going to be wadded up when the Arial scooted a wider line, or clipped in a little to close to the bike.

And man that new Stig had some balls in that car. He was squirming and slithering the thing all the way 'round the track! Jebus what a time too. I loved seeing the stabs at the old Stig peppered through too :laugh:

I'm glad James is getting some testicular fortitude again. He seemed to be buffaloed by Clarkson the entire 14th and 15th season. This episode saw him firing quips right back at Jeremy, and getting good response from it. They all seem to be more jolly in general in fact.

Hamsters Porsche vs. VW bug bit was both the most "spectacular," and weakest bit(in my opinion). I kept thinking "haven't they put him in a really fast car and told him to go in a straight line really fast before? That didn't work well for him if I remember right."

Anyway. Great to see the crew back at it.

·
Super Moderator
11,901 Posts
they aired the first of the new season already? i was watching last night and it said its not coming on until next week, with back to back new episodes. ive been waiting a while for this now. :cool2:
They did overseas. Us Uhmericuns don't get it officially until Feb. 7th.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
They did overseas. Us Uhmericuns don't get it officially until Feb. 7th.
thats what i thought. :thumbup: i thought maybe i might have missed something. cant wait for it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
love the show, but it seems like every 3rd episode has a porsche in it(usually 911s)
I agree, every time they introduce a "new" 911 I just roll my eyes. Hammond has a serious hard on for Porsche's. The 911 is a great car, but seriously, do we have to see ten of them per season?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
The others enjoy bashing Porsches a bit, and I quite like that, too.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Love Top Gear, but it's on so much over here that you almost overdose on it.

Then you flick through some other channels and there's Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections, then James May's Toy Stories, then if you're not careful the kids will be watching Richard Hammond's Blast Lab (which is a bloody awful show!)

Top Gear is staking over the airwaves! For the most part, that's a good thing.

O.B

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's the fun thing here. I wasn't really even aware of Top Gear's existence until this year when I started downloading the episodes to catch up. Now I am addicted. It still isn't something that's easy to find on television and we aren't inundated with the apparent whoring of Richard Hammond and James May either. The average person in the US has no idea who they are or what TG is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Netflix has a few seasons of TG on it now, and we are starting to get some of them up here in Canada eh! I've been on the final gear site to get a bit of an edge and loved the most recent episode

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
That's the fun thing here. I wasn't really even aware of Top Gear's existence until this year when I started downloading the episodes to catch up. Now I am addicted. It still isn't something that's easy to find on television and we aren't inundated with the apparent whoring of Richard Hammond and James May either. The average person in the US has no idea who they are or what TG is.
Hard to imagine!

Turn on the TV here and it's everywhere. Go to a newsagent and Top Gear Magazine hits you in the face. Offers of boxed sets of DVD's in The Stig's helmet, every second petrol head wearing "I am The Stig" T-shirts ... it's an epidemic.

I quite enjoy Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections ... it seems to be the airline's favourite program, so whenever I fly anywhere I dial it up.

James May's Toy Stories is good, too. Not brilliant but good. It sorta captures the guy's nerdy innocence and genuine passion for classic old stuff like Airfix and Meccano.

I have heard on the grapevine there's another Hammond show coming up, too.

I guess because it's a Brit thing, Australians instantly get it, so it's a hit here right away. Aussie humour is very closely aligned with Brit humour as a rule.

They can run Top Gear 24/7 for all I care, as long as I never have to see another Episode of Top Gear Australia as long as I live.

O.B

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Hard to imagine!

Turn on the TV here and it's everywhere. Go to a newsagent and Top Gear Magazine hits you in the face. Offers of boxed sets of DVD's in The Stig's helmet, every second petrol head wearing "I am The Stig" T-shirts ... it's an epidemic.

I quite enjoy Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections ... it seems to be the airline's favourite program, so whenever I fly anywhere I dial it up.

James May's Toy Stories is good, too. Not brilliant but good. It sorta captures the guy's nerdy innocence and genuine passion for classic old stuff like Airfix and Meccano.

I have heard on the grapevine there's another Hammond show coming up, too.

I guess because it's a Brit thing, Australians instantly get it, so it's a hit here right away. Aussie humour is very closely aligned with Brit humour as a rule.

They can run Top Gear 24/7 for all I care, as long as I never have to see another Episode of Top Gear Australia as long as I live.

O.B
The sad part is TG Australia is better then the US version. I know, that's bad. The only saving grace is the subject matter. Even then, I'm having a very hard time getting in to the US version. I have an idea, cancel the Aussie and US shows and extend the UK Series length by about 5 episodes. Then make them do a couple episodes per series where they do the shows in each of the other Countries as if the show was based there. So instead of coming to America and making fun of fat Americans, come and make a serious show highlighting cars that are only available in America. Like the US version, but without idiots for hosts. I actually don't mind the hosts in the Aussie version, they are soooooo much better than what we were given. Sad, but oh so true.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts