What you guys recomend for street use
Diablo rosso ora pilot power
Or batlax s22 or maxis ma
Or pilot street ?
Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Pirelli's. I've had two bad experiences with the Bridgestones, but could of been just bad luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is was my choice too.
And yez i have bad exp with battlax also..
Between michelin rs or pirelli rosso now

·
Registered
52 Posts
I’ve used Michelin RS on my last two street bikes and they are a great tire for the price. They warm up quick but have a limited temperature range for track riding. I couldn’t keep them from cold tearing when temperatures outside where around 60 and my pace was fast. If I was just street riding, I would use them on my bike.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will only bring my bike to track for maybe once for 1 month
So i think its fine
If you’re tracking the bike at all, I’d go with the Pirellis. Considering the bike comes with them as original equipment I’d say you can’t go wrong. Plus they have grip for days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have always had good luck with the Pirellis. I am currently running the Rosso III on my Thruxton R and they are great on the street. I have not had them on the track yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ran Super Corsas on the 675 for track days. They had great grip, but were done for track days after a weekend at Jennings GP running intermediate class. They were still good for street miles till the next rack weekend arrived.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I ran q3+ into fast intermediate at track days and they lasted a surprisingly long time. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again at that pace.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doing a quick search, I only see them listed at one online retailer, and they are out of stock. They may be released. I do not know if you can actually find them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ran q3+ into fast intermediate at track days and they lasted a surprisingly long time. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again at that pace.
Hey how long did the carcasses last on the q3+? I just bought a daytona that has them on there, and they seem really... dry, like all the oil has leached out. Tread depth wise they look almost brand new. Im a little hesitant to really give them some beans because they feel like hockey puck rubber almost. All the reviews say its a great tire, Ive just never felt a tire like this

·
Registered
652 Posts
About 5 track days until the edges were blown out, still use them for the street. I'd say the have 1k miles on them and still look ok. The condition of the tire has as much to do with age and rubber as suspension setup and rider.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Diablo Rosso Corsa 2's on my triple now and I love them. Excellent grip, warm up quick and great in wet conditions. Pilot Power 2ct is also a great tire if your after longer life but want good cornering grip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
fwiw I've hated my Bridgestone S22s. I went into it thinking they would be similar to the RS10 but they have very little grip when cold and rigid feedback.
Big ups to Rosso 3s though

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a bit fan of the Rosso Corsa IIs for mixed street and track use... I wouldn't hesitate to use the Rosso IIIs for just a street bike

·
Registered
172 Posts
fwiw I've hated my Bridgestone S22s. I went into it thinking they would be similar to the RS10 but they have very little grip when cold and rigid feedback.
Big ups to Rosso 3s though
i thought the s22's were the best tires i ever used, then i got a rs11 front paired with a rs10 rear, this combo is even better!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts