Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Happy new year to everyone . I have been reading the threads on the 1050 throttle tube and have been keen to try it. My reason was i have limited movement in my wrist and the reduction i had to turn the throttle would be welcomed.

Well I fitted it today and its awesome at first I was worried it was going to be to touchy but is not. I don't have to re grab the grip for full throttle. I recommend this modification it makes the bike so much nicer to ride.

If you want to do this your self there are lots of posts just search

Questions about 1050 throttle tube - Triumph675.Net Forums

·
Registered
946 Posts
Definitely. It was the first mod i did to mine.... like 3 days after buying the bike! Whenever i twist the throttle on other bikes, it now feels like such a huge wrist movement in comparison to the 1050 tube on the daytona. Best bang for buck mod you can do.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I may change mine back. Seems a little touchy to me. I didn't like the twitchy action in corners. We'll see what I feel like when the snow melts. I'm in New Jersey!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've always found QA twist grips on any bike too sensitive for riding in heavy traffic and rain, and I do a lot of both. Almost essential for the track though.

Rob

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've always found QA twist grips on any bike too sensitive for riding in heavy traffic and rain, and I do a lot of both. Almost essential for the track though.

Rob
+1 It's a cheap and easy mod that can easily be reversed if it doesn't work out for you. I've never been able to justify needing WOT on the street on this bike. The track would be a completely different story though. Choose your weapons wisely.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Works well for me. I spent a lot of time in congested traffic with no problems and i don't find it snatchy perhaps some of you guys are giving reference the other quick action throttles not the 1050 tube. I have about 2 mm of play

·
Registered
946 Posts
+1 It's a cheap and easy mod that can easily be reversed if it doesn't work out for you. I've never been able to justify needing WOT on the street on this bike. The track would be a completely different story though. Choose your weapons wisely.
I'm always at WOT on the street...:whistle:

·
Registered
153 Posts
My reason was i have limited movement in my wrist and the reduction i had to turn the throttle would be welcomed.

Well I fitted it today and its awesome at first I was worried it was going to be to touchy but is not. I don't have to re grab the grip for full throttle. I recommend this modification it makes the bike so much nicer to ride.
I am the same, I have limited movement in my right wrist and this made things so much easier and not as touchy as I thought also.

WOT is awesome! 1st gear power wheelies all the way! :whistle: :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I did this mod last night - only had one 30 min ride with it but like it so far, and as others have said can be swapped back in 2 mins if you're not keen.

Graham

·
Banned
941 Posts
+1......awesome mod, especially when coupled with Renthal Grips!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have access to a couple of 675's for my riding, trackdays and Stunting and have found the 1050 throttle good on long road trips and trackdays but crap for city riding over rough roads and manhole covers, pillion riding and not the hottest for stunt riding especially standup/12 O'clock wheelies as its twitchy as hell.

Things to consider.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts