• Zippered cuffs
  • Adjustable waist
  • Front Chest Zippered Vents
  • Upper Back Zippered Vent
  • Removeable armor on elbows
  • Shoulders and back armor is included
  • Shop with confidence from the web's #1 Leather store
  • Order one today and save
  • 30 Day Exchange And Low Price Guarantee!
  • Made of 100% Tri-Tex? Fabric and Premium Leather
  • (New Level Of Protection by Level-3 Armor , Lighter Weight, Less Bulky, Level-3 Armor provides Highest CE Approved Protection, Ergonomic Design, Higher Impact Absorption, Free Movement)
OR

Item Details

• Removable foam based CE Certified Armor on the back, shoulders and elbows
  • Removable zippered arm sleeves to convert to shirt style jacket
  • All over non-removable padding for extra protection
  • Inner vest zip out polyester quilted liner
  • Non-removable polyester lining (attached to the jacket)
  • Two adjustable Velcro side waist straps on each side
  • Collarless design with Velcro closure
  • Two top horizontal front chest zippered vents
  • Four Chest Zippered Pockets
  • One Left ID chest pocket
  • Two front zippered hand pockets
  • One adjustable button strap on each arm
  • Zippered wrist cuffs with inner webbing and snap button closure
  • Interior pockets on left and right hand side. (Perfect for a cell phone, keys and wallets)
  • Has a lower back kidney belt (to attach to motorcycle pants)
  • CE Approved Armor passing the highest level EN1621-1 & EN1621-2 impact tests Level-3 Advanced Technology Armor; Ergonomic Design, Higher Impact Absorption, Free Movement
  • Level-3 Armor is the Next Generation in Armor Technology
  • Tape Seal: front zipper closure: zipper hides a waterproof barrier to keep wind and water out
  • Made of durable black and gray Tri-Tex fabric
  • 600 Denier High Performance Breathable Waterproof Laminated Fabric
Im just gathering thoughts. I know most of you guys favor leather but I dont have the funds to drop 5 bills on a motorcycle jacket at the moment so I have to improvise. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
How much are you willing to spend? There are an A$$load of great jackets available at stupidly reduced from retail prices right now. Just gotta look everywhere on the Internet to find the bargins.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4316 Want even cheaper-see the STG forum post-They should honor the pricing from there.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7605

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree..._master/latigo_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...corpion/all_in_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much are you willing to spend? There are an A$$load of great jackets available at stupidly reduced from retail prices right now. Just gotta look everywhere on the Internet to find the bargins.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=4316 Want even cheaper-see the STG forum post-They should honor the pricing from there.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7605

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree..._master/latigo_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...corpion/all_in_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html
Wow...those arent bad prices at all. The jackets I posted however are both under $100, thats why I was asking for commentaries for them. But the first jacket you posted for $160 isnt shabby at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Damn, I didnt even see this group buy. I'll definitely jump on board for this! :notworthy:
You may publicly kiss the ass of the company owned by some guy with a mildly athletic build (watch the vids and you'll understand this).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may publicly kiss the ass of the company owned by some guy with a mildly athletic build (watch the vids and you'll understand this).
Thats funny, I litterally just finished watching the vid on youtube before I saw your post...haha.

I ended up getting a blue Twist Of Fate Mesh for $100.

Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
In the beginning, everyone says the same thing, "...I don't have the money on XXX!"

However, keep in mind, you've picked one of the most expensive hobbies. In addition to most expensive and one that is almost most dangerous. When I started riding, I skimped on everything, gloves, jacket, no-pants etc...Eventually, I got use to the prices. At this point, dropping $100 on a pair of gloves is not a big issue or even dropping $5 bills as you said on a leather jacket.

Be smart, I picked up my first leather jacket, a Teknic, during a closeout. This is after I bought an ICON textile jacket. Now, I wear the leather everywhere hot or cold and the textile jacket sits in my closet.

If you look and pay attention to timing, you can find a great deal on closeouts or end of season deals at almost 50-60% off original price. I got my leather Teknic for 175, 60% less than original. Now, I'm eyeing some RS Taichi's at almost $600.

Everything is expensive, just save and buy what you feel is important. The one thing I was not willing to skimp on was my helmet. I got one that was really comfortable and quiet, a SHOEI X11. It cost me $400, but I think well worth it.

Good times.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In the beginning, everyone says the same thing, "...I don't have the money on XXX!"

However, keep in mind, you've picked one of the most expensive hobbies. In addition to most expensive and one that is almost most dangerous. When I started riding, I skimped on everything, gloves, jacket, no-pants etc...Eventually, I got use to the prices. At this point, dropping $100 on a pair of gloves is not a big issue or even dropping $5 bills as you said on a leather jacket.

Be smart, I picked up my first leather jacket, a Teknic, during a closeout. This is after I bought an ICON textile jacket. Now, I wear the leather everywhere hot or cold and the textile jacket sits in my closet.

If you look and pay attention to timing, you can find a great deal on closeouts or end of season deals at almost 50-60% off original price. I got my leather Teknic for 175, 60% less than original. Now, I'm eyeing some RS Taichi's at almost $600.

Everything is expensive, just save and buy what you feel is important. The one thing I was not willing to skimp on was my helmet. I got one that was really comfortable and quiet, a SHOEI X11. It cost me $400, but I think well worth it.

Good times.
Appreciate the input. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

Good times.
When people ask if I wear a helmet (since a lot of Florida riders do not) I laugh. Their first reaction is that I do not wear a helmet. I them tell them when I ride I usually have well over $1,000+ (retail, but I never pay retail) of protective crap on. Then I have to roll into all the crap listed below:

Bell Star Helmet-$400
Knox Gilet Air Back Protector-$275
Too Many Jackets to list-$150-$400
Too Many armored Jeans/Mesh/Textile/Leather Pants to list-$60-$250
Gloves of some kind-$60-$120
Forcefield Knee Guards-$60
Sidi Vertigo Corsa Boots-$400

Even at it's cheapest I'm rocking over $1,400 worth of gear. Very cheap insurance compared to a visit to the ER/Skin Grafts/Rehab/Occupational Therapy or at the worst The Morgue.

Saw this vid a couple years ago, but is still relevant--"#1 Priority Should be Taking Care of Yourself First": [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8ZV7gSjto&feature=channel"]YouTube - Motorcycle Body Armor discussion from Sportbiketrackgear.com[/nomedia]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.