Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night I went out to start my 2007 675 and it wouldn't fire. It turned over a few times then gave up. After a few tries it stopped turning over all together. I hooked it up to my buddies bike and gave it a jump and it started right up. I headed out and about a mile down the road the gas light turned on and the headlight dimmed, then the bike just shut off all together. I pulled over and hooked it back up to my buddies bike, but this time after about 5 minutes of charging it still didn't start. So then I had my other friends come with his car thinking that might give me enough juice to start it and get it back home, but in my hurry I stupidly hooked up the jumper cables backwards on my battery, and after about 5 second I heard a sizzling and took the cables off immediately. I switched the cables to the right way and turned my key on and nothing happened. The bike won't turn on at all now. I pushed it home and checked all the fuses but none were blown. So now I'm pretty sure both my alternator and computer are dead.

Any input on what I can do, what may be wrong, and where I can get pays would be much appreciated, thanks!

-mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts