Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, will keep this short because its still a tender point..

Recently been released from hospital after 3mths in a spinal unit & a further month in a local rehab unit.. Was just coming home from work when a freaky wind gust caught me while passing a truck..

Insurance made her a write-off & i'll b enjoying continued rehab for quite some time yet.. My point- Even when the day seems divine, Shit can happen.. I am alive because of a good helmet & a jacket with upperback / neck bolstering... Not to mention some incredible & fast work by emergency services and doctors...

Ride Safe folks..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. One day at a time.

Doesn't help that there's a Triumph dealer round the corner & within a few days of gettin home the 2011 catalogue turned up.

Be a while before i'm back on a bike tho.. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Glad to hear youre mostly ok

cost to replace triumph and gear $$$$$$$ coast to replace you...OBAMACARE!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Wow, best of luck with the rehab. Sorry it's such a long road back.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Dude! Glad to hear you are doing well and recovering. Good luck with the rehab. I've had some buddies go through some tough times with some of the stuff they do. Well worth it in the end though. Best of luck to you!

+1 on getting back on the saddle when you're ready!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Glad to hear ur recovering, you'll be riding in no time again and having a big grin on your face.

Why I grabbed a 2 piece suit...rather be overprotected.

·
Registered
602 Posts
New R is pretty sick. Just heal up 1st. You were smart and wore some gear. :itsok:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Shit man, glad to hear you are doing as well as you are. We don't dress for the ride, we dress for the crash. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Dude, I read the thread title and thought that it was someone's girlfriend/wife that came by to gave us some bad news...

I'm very glad to hear you came out of it alive. Hope your road to recovery is fairly smooth...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Glad you're on your way back in the game :thumbup:

I've been taught to stay as far away from trucks and buses and push both handlebars instead of pulling them in case there's a problem, but sometimes, aerodynamics just get freaky.

Having learned on a very light sportbike in a very windy region got me used to it, though.

Hope you won't feel an excessive lack of confidence next time you're overtaking a truck :itsok:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.