Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Its just a mockery of the art lots of these types of fights are put on for tourists throughout Thailand to make some money, These guys were likely real Muay Thai fighters on their past lives and now do shit like this to make cash.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
dude the guy in red at the end of the fight to me it looks like he broke his leg when the other dude fell on him, look at it again, watch his riight leg

·
Registered
473 Posts
no he didn't break it man, these guys know how to fight but they are no where near top tier. I ve been there and trained a few times and I always see stuff like this although not quite as stupid as this fight. Again its usually at a tourist venue and there are real Muay Thai fights happening as well. This is just two guys that are out of shape and doin it for money. During real fights you would never see see them hit each other with trays. The link I have here is a good example of a professional level fight from two very elite fighters. The guy in red teaches at a gym in San Francisco now. Action gets crazy after 5:15 point.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vrziWRjwY"]YouTube - Sakmongkol vs Jongsanan (FULL 5TH FIGHT)[/nomedia]

·
Registered
473 Posts
@lknight

i think this is the most boring fight i have ever seen. Same rib kicks for 5 minutes!
fast forward to 2:20 and watch a brutal exchange of elbows, this is a legendary fight in the sport of Muay Thai. Imagine every other fight you have seen that involved elbows and how few were thrown and the damage delivered and then compare those to what you see here.

Those rib kicks are absolutely punishing and a standard strike in this sport, kind of like a 2 or 3 punch combo in Boxing. I dunno maybe you were watching another fight then the one i posted.

I guess if its not your thing though......go watch the UFC.

·
Registered
352 Posts
fast forward to 2:20 and watch a brutal exchange of elbows, this is a legendary fight in the sport of Muay Thai. Imagine every other fight you have seen that involved elbows and how few were thrown and the damage delivered and then compare those to what you see here.

Those rib kicks are absolutely punishing and a standard strike in this sport, kind of like a 2 or 3 punch combo in Boxing. I dunno maybe you were watching another fight then the one i posted.

I guess if its not your thing though......go watch the UFC.
OOOH Yes! UFC is certainly not boring! But this thai fighting.. not my thing.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Loved the real UFC, don't watch it nowadays.

Sumo > the rest :whistle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts