Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I want to buy a pair of gloves for entry level track days and some street sport riding.

I am torn between these 2.

Teknic Xcelerator

and Held Pole Position

Any help would be appreciated!
I don't know which one to chose. Prices are about the same I think, and I don't want to spend any more than that.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I personally own the teknic gloves. Awesome gloves! Fit great. Protection os top notch. The knox sliders are an excellent piece. The kangaroo is awesome to feel on your hands due to being able to feel way more than cowhide and durable. Just by lookong at all the padding i woud say the teknic would provide a bit more, but held makes top notch gloves.... hope ur happy whichever u end up with, cant go wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Teknic all the way. I had one pair of Held gloves and they were junk. Maybe I got a funky batch, maybe not. I don't believe the Held hype. I have some Teknic gear and it's very nice.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have no experience with Tecnic, but I'm on my second set of Helds. My first pair, Held Profi's protected my hands through THREE crashes (15mph, 35mph, and 45mph) with narry a scratch. They were also the most comfy gloves I've ever had. I used them for year round commuting, sport-touring, and track days.

I haven't had my current set of Helds for long, so can't comment on their longevity just yet.

One thing I will mention is that Helds do come in 1/2 sizes...making it easier to get the perfect fit.

Either way, you'll probably be choosing a great glove. Sometimes, it comes down to a coin toss.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
While I cannot speak for the Helds, my Teknic's were great for street riding/track days. They got pretty beat up in a 90mph crash at NJMP 2 seasons ago, but they held up and my hands were fine.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I'm running Teknic Violators and have been for awhile.

They're comfortable, and while I've not been lucky enough to crash in them and test them yet, they are holding together remarkably well.

The big difference with these gloves compared to others I've used is that with heaps of hard track use they still look almost new - no worn-through panels, popped stitching or failures. I certainly have a lot of faith in them.

That said - there are folks on this forum who would never wear anything but Helds, and some of those guys have crash-tested them, too ....

O.B

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've got Held phantoms and really like them. Never crashed in them but I've never heard anything bad about Held's in even the heaviest of crashes.

For a super protective glove they are stupidly comfortable to wear. I put them on and never think about them again until the rides over and I'm taking them off. With my old RST gauntlet's I would often think about how uncomfortable they were while riding.

I lost my first set of Phantom's just the other day (blew out of my backpack while riding home from a track day) and ordered another set that week. They're that good. :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 for helds I own the phantoms purchased by a recommendation of a buddy and a lil research , loved them ever since I've first putem on!

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
FYI the availability of those pole positions has greatly changed since the original post.

i would say the xcelerators are some solid mid level gloves, along with the RS Taichi GP-WRX and a couple others. definitely see a lot of threads asking about the teknic gloves, everyone seems to like them

if you guys have any other questions on these or other gloves just let me know:thumbup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys.
I have tested the Helds so far, and they feel great. Very comfortable and i love their look also.
I va not been lucky enough to find a pair of teknic to test also.

From what I hear, both of these gloves are great so I ll probably go with the one that I find in the best price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts