Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 734 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TechSpec Gripster tank grips are an excellent way to increase your enjoyment of the ride by enhancing your control on the bike while reducing overall fatigue at the same time. TechSpec motorcycle tank grips do this by providing a high grip area on the sides of the fuel tank where your legs normally reside with just the right amount of grip to help you hold on. By squeezing your legs a little, a high degree of friction between your jeans or leathers allows you to hold on to the bike with less effort than with a bare tank between your legs. This is especially useful during spirited riding on or off the track or when carrying a passenger. Furthermore, TechSpec tank pads do double duty by protecting your tank from paint swirls and scratches that can normally be found on unprotected tanks after just a few miles.

These are not yet available on our website; call TJ at 866.931.6644 ext 817 to order. You may also email us with any questions you have, send those to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with TRIUMPH 675 TECHSPEC TANK GRIPS in the subject line and TJ will get back to you right away.

Here is a shot of the SnakeSkin installed on our 2013 Daytona 675R

TechSpec Gripster Grip Pads for the Triumph Daytona 675 can be removed if your tank needs to be repainted.

Grip material allows you to hold on to your bike without having too hard. This in turn allows you to focus on the road ahead and reduces fatigue.

Here is the Dave Moss cut laying over the top of the full cut:

·
Banned
941 Posts
Hey TJ...hate to do this to you, but can you sell one side only? I bought a used set and the right one is fine. The left side's adhesive is worn out and wont stick no matter how much heat and pressure i use.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
i LOVE RD. price please.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone used these and the rival stomp grip?

If so, how do they compare. I've got these on my RRR and they've done slight damage to my leathers on the inside knee, about a 1cm circle on either side. I want to get some for my other bike, I'll probably try the stomp grip unless someone advises different.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tech Specs are great for the street but don't have as much traction as StompGrip. Tech Specs are much less aggressive on the leathers as compared to the StompGrip.
Thanks for the heads up - I'll save my leathers and get TechSpec again :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I'd be curious for a center strip (big model) price shipped to France, please ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey All,
Does anyone know if these will fit on a 2010 street triple, the tanks look similar, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Anyone used these and the rival stomp grip?

If so, how do they compare. I've got these on my RRR and they've done slight damage to my leathers on the inside knee, about a 1cm circle on either side. I want to get some for my other bike, I'll probably try the stomp grip unless someone advises different.
Ditto what he said, I've had both on my bike. Stompgrips have more traction and would be harder on leathers, Techspecs look better and offer way more grip than you would realistically need on the street.

1 - 20 of 734 Posts