Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Have never seen that before but it looks sweet. I support this, haha. Whenever I have downtime at work I tend to fire up the forum on my phone.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I've got a crackberry.......I 3rd this!!!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Have never seen that before but it looks sweet. I support this, haha. Whenever I have downtime at work I tend to fire up the forum on my phone.
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
I'll forward this to the Admins and see what they think.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Get a windows phone and you won't have a problem with it. :whistle:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Get a windows phone and you won't have a problem with it. :whistle:
Yea cause you will have problems with the phone actually running correctly. I had a T-Mobile Wing running Windows, because of this phone and all the issues I will never look at a windows phone again. I loved it when I took it back to the store and had them look at why it was calling a random number when I would call one of my favs. She looked at it and tried to call my wife when it actually called my boss she just said it must be something wrong with the phone, just restart it and it will be fine. After restarting it twice she just gave up and told me to call T-Mobile about it...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Yea cause you will have problems with the phone actually running correctly. I had a T-Mobile Wing running Windows, because of this phone and all the issues I will never look at a windows phone again. I loved it when I took it back to the store and had them look at why it was calling a random number when I would call one of my favs. She looked at it and tried to call my wife when it actually called my boss she just said it must be something wrong with the phone, just restart it and it will be fine. After restarting it twice she just gave up and told me to call T-Mobile about it...
You could not pay me to use a phone that runs windoze!!! My girlfriend's phone runs it and its absolutely shit. Locks up a few times a day and she has to pull the battery to restart it. Verizon and Motorola both gave her the run around so as soon as her contract is up shes getting on my att account.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Got word back from Yung, one of our admins.

Tapatalk will not be an option for this forum. As it sits right now it has too many security holes, however they are working on their own version of Tapatalk. No idea when it'll be ready though.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Got word back from Yung, one of our admins.

Tapatalk will not be an option for this forum. As it sits right now it has too many security holes, however they are working on their own version of Tapatalk. No idea when it'll be ready though.
That sucks...wonder what 'security holes' they are referring to? I just called my old roommate who is an admin on dsmtuners.com. They have 110k+ members. He said they have been using it for months with no issues at all, its just a small bit of code that has to be added to the forum.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Forums with different owners have different standards on security... To be honest though I have no idea what the technical aspect entails.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That sucks...wonder what 'security holes' they are referring to? I just called my old roommate who is an admin on dsmtuners.com. They have 110k+ members. He said they have been using it for months with no issues at all, its just a small bit of code that has to be added to the forum.
It's code for lazy / don't know how to / etc. :thumbup:

And here is the real reason.

It also blocks ads hence no cash for webbie , so I doubt you will see it anytime soon

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It also blocks ads hence no cash for webbie , so I doubt you will see it anytime soon
I hadn't even thought about that, makes perfect sense, if i were running a site like this and paying for servers i wouldn't want people using a service that goes around the ads.

Maybe offer a donation option requesting people to pay about what you make on advertising? I dont want to speak for everybody else, but I think a lot of us would pay a small amount (few dollars a year). Plus if the sponsors still offer deals in forum threads, money could be made through there.

Another option would be to insert the advertising as messages in threads. If every 10 responses or so there is a text advertisement that is inserted just like another message, then it would still be pushed through services like tapaptalk. Not to insult the forum owner(s), but if money is the issue, there are creating solutions around the problem, lets not fall into the movie industry model of trying to inconvenience people to preserve revenue models instead of adapting. Maybe the software running the forum doesn't support that kind of thing, but I'm guessing it will soon. Hopefully this doesn't come off as insulting to the mods, I just think that the easier it is for us to browse the forums, the more we will be here, which is good for the forums.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I paid $50 (I think) on another forum, for my car, to be a supporting member for life. It had its perks at the time but now they have seemed to dwindle and more expensive options have taken its place. I dont mind paying for something that I will use on an almost daily basis. Especially after all the money it can/has saved me. Kinda like buying a friend some beer for helping work on the car or move. Money = beer for this site.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I got that app for my evo but uninstalled it because none of the boards I go on support it

·
Registered
298 Posts
used it and didn't really like it so i uninstalled it

1 - 20 of 31 Posts