Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read through the forums and pretty much get that you can swap out the rear sub-frame and change some locations for the battery. If I wanted to swap the rear of a D675 with the rear of a STR, would swapping the exhaust be just as easy?

I'd keep my integrated tail light and the D675 and STR tail light are the exact same part number so that wouldn't be an issue.

I loved the feel of the STR when test drove, but I couldn't deal with the front end. I don't take it to the track and do have passengers some. The angle isn't a real issues since I swapped clip-ons.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Sounds like you zigged when you should have zagged :p
Which part is stolen btw? ;)
Theres a guy here with a Blue naked daytona, He would be the one to speak to.
search 'naked daytona'

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you zigged when you should have zagged :p
Which part is stolen btw? ;)
Theres a guy here with a Blue naked daytona, He would be the one to speak to.
search 'naked daytona'
I found his, but he made the front end naked, that's why I was curious about the back of the bike. Don't have the money to turn the whole thing into a naked bike.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
True, but if I decide to do it, there may be someone on here that would want to swap all the parts since many STR owners want the D675 back end.
I was one of those, at one time. Over the last year, I've seen several photos of Street Triples with converted Daytona 675 rear's, and have decided, even though I'd like the D675 single seat, the Street Triple's rear still suits me better, the D675 look is too "empty".

What we Striple owners really need is just the D675 seat and some sort of "top panel" to span behind the seat and connect to the two side panels. The OEM seat cowl was a good idea, just 1/2-way thought out. :grin:

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
not sure if anyone has done this or not. It wouldn't be difficult, you would just need everything from a Street triple tail and it will be costly.

The Street subframe will bolt up to the Daytona frame. After that, to do this mod, you will need Street Triple:
-subframe
-rear plastics(3 pieces: left, right and rear)
-seat
-battery box W/ seat latch
-complete passenger pegs(every part)
-exhaust and midpipe, whether stock or aftermarket(fairly sure Daytona exhaust will not work with Street subframe)
-tag bracket
-all fasteners. some from the Daytona tail could possibly repurposed, but not sure which one

Not sure if that's everything, but that's for starters

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don, I saw one picture on the classifieds pulled from one of your posts. Side view with red fairings, with a black street triple tail and shorty exhaust. Do you have any more pics? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts