Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The flip side to the "snow" and "cold enough?" threads.

After languishing here around the 30 degree (86 F) mark for what seems like forever, summer is finally starting to hit its straps.

It was 32 when I went out to my shed today at 9am. It'll hit 42 (107 F) or more before the day is out, and it'll be the same tomorrow.

Glad I have perforated leathers ...

O.B

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I'd like to say the tides will turn when summer hits us stateside. But those bastards get warm weather year round. That's it, as soon as the wife leaves me I am moving to Australia. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hell yeh!! it's 40c here in Melb today, same tomorrow.. no need for tyre warmers today! ,are you in SA O.B?
Yeah I'm in S.A.

I've been out today running around and getting things done and I'm a bit disappointed ... it peaked at only 41 degrees! (105.8 F) But seriously, fairly warm. Won't be going for my MTB ride this evening if it hasn't dipped below 35 degrees by 6pm, and I don't think it will have.

And Dub ... I went for a ride last winter when it was 15 degrees (59 F) but I have to say that's about as bad as it gets. Very occasionally it hits overnight lows here during cold spells of 3 degrees (37 F) but that's rare.

I consider a top daytime winter temp of 16 degrees (60 F) to be pretty nasty. Give me hot rather than cold any day.

O.B

·
Registered
618 Posts
SA always get the hot stuff! last week looked awful. How hot was Coober pedy!! 47c, wow thats bloody hot!. Might pop outside now, tis 38c , time to fire up the bbq and open another Coopers :)

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
F*ck you all its 17 F here and we just got 14 inches of snow two days ago and more to come this week.....................:cuss:
Im with Red.... I hate you all.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Yeah I'm in S.A.

I've been out today running around and getting things done and I'm a bit disappointed ... it peaked at only 41 degrees! (105.8 F) But seriously, fairly warm. Won't be going for my MTB ride this evening if it hasn't dipped below 35 degrees by 6pm, and I don't think it will have.

And Dub ... I went for a ride last winter when it was 15 degrees (59 F) but I have to say that's about as bad as it gets. Very occasionally it hits overnight lows here during cold spells of 3 degrees (37 F) but that's rare.

I consider a top daytime winter temp of 16 degrees (60 F) to be pretty nasty. Give me hot rather than cold any day.

O.B
:notamused:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or in Celsius for you Non-Americans. :whistle:
Err, yeah, I just ran the conversion myself and I think that you must be very, very conditioned to where you are, because -1 degree C is not warm in any sense; it's very nearly the coldest temperature I've ever experienced.

I had to work in Canberra ("not the end of the world, but if you stand on a bucket you can see it from there") for a week last year and on the night I flew in it was -2 C.

By the end of that week I swore never to go back to Canberra again as long as I live. I mean ... I don't even own the sort of clothes a person needs to cope with temperatures that low. Half the year I don't even wear shoes, for goodness sakes!

I appreciate that it's beautiful and everything, but I think after making a snowman, riding a snowmobile and finally peeing my name in the snow, I'd have checked off my list and be ready for it to be warm again.

Here's a swap for you - you post a cold photo from near your place and I'll post a warm one here. That oughta even things out.

I'll start with one of my pets on fire in the back yard ....

O.B

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Err, yeah, I just ran the conversion myself and I think that you must be very, very conditioned to where you are, because -1 degree C is not warm in any sense; it's very nearly the coldest temperature I've ever experienced.

I had to work in Canberra ("not the end of the world, but if you stand on a bucket you can see it from there") for a week last year and on the night I flew in it was -2 C.

By the end of that week I swore never to go back to Canberra again as long as I live. I mean ... I don't even own the sort of clothes a person needs to cope with temperatures that low. Half the year I don't even wear shoes, for goodness sakes!

I appreciate that it's beautiful and everything, but I think after making a snowman, riding a snowmobile and finally peeing my name in the snow, I'd have checked off my list and be ready for it to be warm again.

Here's a swap for you - you post a cold photo from near your place and I'll post a warm one here. That oughta even things out.

I'll start with one of my pets on fire in the back yard ....

O.B
Yeah, that's freaking warm for January here. This past December I saw -20 F !! It get's colder in some other parts of the Country, upper midwest like Minnesota and Wisconsin it's not uncommon to see -50 or -60 F plus wind chill! My phone is optimistic too, the weather station say's it's 22.8F outside lol

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Holy cow, man! That looks like Ice Station Zebra!

I'll post a pic of some heat tomorrow. Right now it's 10.20 at night .... but still 86 of your American Fahrenheit outside ...

O.B
I'll be jealous, not of the heat, but of the good riding weather with no chance of ice. I wouldn't mind the cold, it's the ice that bothers me.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One for Dub:

I did promise I'd send a comparison photo, after all. This was taken today, looking down the valley onto one of my favourite little test runs that I use to shake down my bike mods.

It was bang-on 100 degrees F as this was taken.

O.B

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.