Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at installing a DVM on my bike.

I was wondering for those that have which one you used. I'd like to find one that has all of the following:
1. self lighted
2. able to be seen in direct sunlight or darkness (thus #1)
3. weaher proof or at least resistant.
4. as small as possible but still readible with a 3 digit display (ie 12.8) not the led bar style.

if anyones got a lead on this or something near let me know.....

Thanks

-----------------

Also as a side question for my install do I need to put a fuse on the + side of the wire if I am wireing both wires directly to the battery useing a miniture auto relay so its not always on

--------------

thanks again

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just how often are you expecting to take off your seat and look at this.....and why? Wouldn't it just be easier to have a POS Radio Shack up to Fluke DMM on stand by to test your battery?

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my problem is after all the money I'm gonna spend to fix all the problems my stock electrical system created when I do my upgrades. I want to see an actual # not a flash. I'll most likely install it on/next to/ or in my LH infill panel.

I had the Eclipse on and it fired it along with my CA taillight, lisc plate lamps, R/R, Stator, sevral fuses and battery. thus I am completely moveing away from the entire stock electrical system

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a lil big for my issue

I have decided to scrap the idea in favor of going the typical route

my main concern with this is I want Instant, reliable feedback if ANOTHER electrical issue happens....
my last issue cost me
1. hid ballest $23
2. stator free with new motor
3. r/r f012 $88
4. r/r oem $42 blew with 2nd stator
5. stator $115 blew
6. new connectors wire fuses $50
7. new tail light $50-100
8.new eclipse thing prob 100
frustration priceless

so like 500 at least

now to have a dvm saying 11.8 instead of a blinking light helps out a lot to me
it would let me see trends and where everything all stands

·
Registered
6 Posts
thats a lil big for my issue
in case you were refering to my pic of the volt guage, the guage is only 1"x2",(you can mount it anywhere) the dash is something my company makes for most bikes to mount switches, gear ind.,guages ect so you dont have to drill or mod the fairing or dash of the bike!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a DATEL digital voltmeter on my 650R and loved it. Very easy to make a clean installation that looks OEM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts