Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all this is MY daytona 675. It IS a work in progress. Before to many of you hate too much just remember this bike is my love. I bought the 3rd scorched yellow in USA in 06 and sold it with well over 30k miles. This bike was a mess and cheap therefore im doing what I want with it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
to each their own. from the looks of the garage, it seems like he's into racing and most likely drag racing. Unless you're paying his bills, I don't see a reason for you to judge how he spends his money. He might not even have access to canyons or racetracks in his area and drag racing is all he has available anyway.

·
Registered
276 Posts
:1banghead:

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
it's nice to see something different sometimes. Do what you want with it. Is this just for show or are you building a drag bike?

Good luck with the project. What else are you planning?

·
Registered
601 Posts
to each their own. from the looks of the garage, it seems like he's into racing and most likely drag racing. Unless you're paying his bills, I don't see a reason for you to judge how he spends his money. He might not even have access to canyons or racetracks in his area and drag racing is all he has available anyway.
First off, I'll judge away because I'm a d-bag on the internet.

BUT, i wasn't judging, more wondering about the intent. Lights mean not a dedicated drag bike, especially because he has non-original fairings on it.

I think extended swingarm bikes are cool as shit; and i've heard they are mad fun for drifting, with enough power behind em.
heres a vid:[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYpOFimB7ZA"]Motorcycle vs. Car Drift Battle - YouTube[/nomedia]

BUT, i think the extended swingarm makes much less sense on a daytona than on a larger displacement, more powerful motorcycle; therefore the question why.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
hideous

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Just out of curiosity did you chop the oem swingarm and then add a new extension on the bottom portion it's hard to see exactly. Looks good for what it is and as triumph says go your own way :)

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Ugh...this was just a bad joke with a terrible photoshop to go along with it...until now.

As for the "judge/don't judge" nonsense. If the OP didn't want opinions he wouldn't have put this shit on a public forum. We are allowed to judge, ridicule and laugh at all we like.

I personally think it's retarded. I don't understand the desire to destroy the one thing about a sport bike that makes it better...the handling. Particularly on the Daytona, which is the best handling of them all.

But, to each his own..and right now my own is being saddend that this poor bike has seen the end of it's twisty life. :sad5:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Aggressive is ass-down, stretched out with no ability to corner?

Nice for what it is, but unless it's actually being raced on a drag strip regularly, it's Daytona abuse.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ugh...this was just a bad joke with a terrible photoshop to go along with it...until now.

As for the "judge/don't judge" nonsense. If the OP didn't want opinions he wouldn't have put this shit on a public forum. We are allowed to judge, ridicule and laugh at all we like.

I personally think it's retarded. I don't understand the desire to destroy the one thing about a sport bike that makes it better...the handling. Particularly on the Daytona, which is the best handling of them all.

But, to each his own..and right now my own is being saddend that this poor bike has seen the end of it's twisty life. :sad5:
If your going to go drag racing I think a cheap bike has to be the most affordable way.

I am going to assume that he is drag racing for all of the above reasons as well as the number on his flyscreen.

The bike has obviously seen a hard life already. (See the fuel tank)
So, maybe this is its second life?

If a sport bike isn't a good start for a drag bike what is? A cruiser???

1 - 20 of 124 Posts