Triumph675.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought the Street Triple and have a problem from the first minutes..

It won't start. When I'm turning on the ignition, there's no sound from the fuel pump, and when I try to push the starter button, nothing happening.
I had older Street Triple and then had a similar problem, but at that time the battery was dead and everything worked fine after changing it.
Now I bought a new battery, also tried to put on the battery booster, but nothing happening.

Only one strange thing, that when I turn on the ignition, the temperature bar is blinking on the dash, and the dash not showing gears. Neutral gear is clutched, but no green N on the dash, and when I changing gears, nothing changes on the dash. Any ideas what's wrong with this bike? Video:

Thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe start by checking fuses and relays? I know in the Daytona they are under the seat between the main and passenger cushion. Swap around the relays, just make sure they are the same.

Also, on the newer gens the dash and Keys are tied to the Ecu/immobilizer. Something to keep in mind if any of those were changed out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please don't be offended by me stating the obvious, have you switched off the "Stop Switch" also referred to as the kill switch. The big red one above the starter button?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a kill-switch button failure.. due to oxidized contacts inside the button. Thank you all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts