Triumph 675 Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
g'day Flux , did you get the black one from motorcycle disposals. sorry haven't read all posts in this thread as yet. If so and if its not a rude question what did they let it go for. i was keeping an eye on the site then it just dissapeared.
Thanks Tim. No, I missed out on that one. I tendered up to $6850 on that, and missed out. I ended up getting the one from Eurobrit that you linked to, so thanks. Paid about $1000 more (Australian dollars here for you US peeps reading this who might think we're talking your currency - we're not), but the bike has less damage, only 760kms, more salveable resellable bits, and I don't have to do a two day road trip to retrieve it.

I just missed out on a 675 streetfighter conversion that some guy in Queensland's Gold Coast had up for $7800. Amazingly low price for a repaired and re-registered bike. It got snapped up super-quick. Missed out. Bugger. Was going to jump on a plane with leathers and ride it home otherwise.

So yes. Many thanks. I did get one from one of the links you posted. If you're ever down Melbourne way, look me up. I'll give you a ride on my street-fighter concept. Been researching geometry and suspension changes, looking to make this thing super-super agile. It will be a true hooligan machine.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
thats great news Flux. how long are you thinking your projects going to take?

im often in melbourne , have a bro inlaw at mill park and an aunty and 3 cousins all over melb. could time in a trip to see your progress.

thanx tim

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Possibly around 3 months before I get this bike back into registered action. It won't be complete by then, but it'll be on the road and rideable in naked streetfighter form while I wait for further parts/funds to arrive to refine the project further.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Geez, that looks pretty good.

I dunno if this is true in Vic, but in NSW, you'd be easier doing a cheap fix on it as is, getting the rego.... local term is Blue Slip...then start stripping and fiddling.

Here, if it is regoed, and you are just renewing it, you can slip in all sorts of mods, but, for an unregoed bike the nearer it is to standard, the easier it is to rego it.

regards,CrazyCam

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Been busy weighing up stock parts with scales and so forth.

I'm fairly certain that I've got a clear path/plan to achieving my stated goal weight of 340lbs with an empty fuel tank. If I fall short, it'll only be by 2lbs or so, but I reckon I'll get very, very close.

To achieve a weight of 330lbs half-wet (all fluids but no fuel) would require carbon rims and a carbon tank.

To achieve the target 340lbs half-wet weight, all up the project will have cost me about as much as buying a Street Triple R brand new.

Anyway, sometime soon I'll start a project bike thread and detail what I'm doing to achieve that, with all associated weights of everything I pull off and put on.

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Just to add another thought to this thread. There is a rumour that Triumph are developing a 675 Tiger. If this were true would that be the kind of bike that would suit your needs?
About the only thing that such a bike could really offer of benefit to the project would be longer travel front suspension.

The Aprilia Dorsoduro with its 160mm travel front & rear is exactly the sort of thing that I'd be after. Of all the bikes on the market that's closest to what I'm trying to achieve, it'd be the Dorsoduro but with the full-spec triple 675 motor, and better specced suspension, and a big diet (the Dorsoduro is heavy as). Oh, and using raised flat& wide clip-ons, rather than dirt-bike high-rise bars. More cafe-racer in that specific respect.

With the modified suspension plates I reckon I'm up to around 155-160mm travel on the rear, and with some machining back of the stops in the forks, can get them up to around 132mm travel, which will be the best I can do by modifying the stock components.

·
BOTM & BOTY Winner
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thanks for that. Already got a 4.6Ah (Superbike) speed-cell battery pack on the way. I opted to not get the 2.3A pack because I was concerned that if I raised compression as I would like to, and spent a bit of time fiddling with Tuneboy (as I intend to do), a 2.3Ah battery will go flat in around 15 minutes with the low-beam headlight on. Maybe me just being paranoid, but the stock battery is rated for 6Ah and has issues already. I just didn't feel good about buying a 2.3Ah battery.

The weight savings is around 1.5kgs for the 675 when using the 4.6Ah battery pack.

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts

·
BOTM Marshall
3,511 Posts
If the specs are correct it would be completely compatible. I hope it is because it might be worth the money just to open up a lot of space under the seat for storage.
Thats what I was thinking

61 - 75 of 75 Posts