Triumph 675 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Discussion starter · #43 ·
After reparing my bike she looks pretty again. Recently did a few mods to the bike to include Daytona cams and ohlins 30 mm fork cartridges. Took a 13 and 12 place finishes as my top finishes of the weekend. Would have had another tenth but I blew the chicane before the front straight on my last lap and two guys passed me. Racing again this weekend and should get it dynoed this month.

oh squiggly line how I doth love how you make my tripple howl

Attachments

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Finally got my bike on the dyno. First run was 104. The best run after tuning was 109. Here's a link to a of my friend john tuning it on the dyno at kays motorcycle mania.

Nice! I'm contemplating getting my CMRA license next season. Love seeing the triumphs on the track!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
There are a few that race in the cmra. Made it to the track this weekend and the tune makes a huge difference. Which bike would you be running?

I'd be running the 675R. I've been running it taped in street trim at track days this summer/fall but will be picking up race plastics, windscreen, clipons and rearsets. The bike feels so good in stock form, I don't really want to make to many other changes.

Timing depends on how my skills progress at the last few track days of the season, money, and time availability next year.

It happens. What types of times are you running at which tracks?

So far this year (started the season with 2-3 L1 days and now 7-8 L2 days):
- ECR - 2:18s (on my second day there)
- TWS ~ 2:1? (Upper teens)
- MSRH ~ 2:14 (on the Street Triple)
- H2R - 1:41

Mostly been working on body position, relaxing, and reference points.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Not yet -- it's the furthest track from Austin I think. I would go with RideSmart 11/16-11/17, but I have my kids that weekend -- so I'm heading to MSRH 11/9-11/10 instead (as long as I can get my bike together again).

Discussion starter · #53 ·
What do you need for your bike? Actually msrc is closer than ecr if you don't take 35 all the way up. If you want some advice or to follow someone around sometime just let me know. I'm getting fairly fast and wouldn't mind passing on some if what I've learned.

I'm waiting on engine bolts to come in from ProBolt so I can remove the frame sliders to fit the SharkSkinz. That and a paint job -- looking for an inexpensive local shop now.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
I've got a friend down there in Austin that does fantastic paint. Think his paint jobs start at 500 but don't remember. The name of the shop is Davis rod and cycle. If you pm me I'll see if I can set you up with Ryan's phone number.

I've got a friend down there in Austin that does fantastic paint. Think his paint jobs start at 500 but don't remember. The name of the shop is Davis rod and cycle. If you pm me I'll see if I can set you up with Ryan's phone number.

Fairings are at Austin Paintworks. I was able to keep the cost down by using a single stage paint. I'm happy since I will still get the three color scheme and the work is done by a reputable shop.

Fellow Texans

Hey guys, just started reading this thread as I'm a new 675 owner. I have been on all of the southern tracks and was just at MSRH last weekend. worked on my suspension most of the morning and was running the factory Perelli's, so by the afternoon I couldn't speed up a lot.

I'm also racing in the CMRA and I'm looking for a team to get on. I have been racing an '05 R6 for the last 2 years and here are my best lap times on the R6:

ECR - 2:02 (I have over 1000 laps around this track as I live in Denton)
MSRC 1.7 - 1:24
MSRH - 1:49 (this was my time last weekend on the 675, but will get better as I work out the details with this bike)
TWS - 2:02 (I'm still a little nervous about going into turn 1 at 130mph)
COTA - 1:50

I have attached a couple photos of my R6 that I have been on the past couple years in case you have seen me around, you might recognize that bike. I have also attached a photo of my 675, in case you might have seen me at MSRH last weekend. I think my times will be slower on the 675 for a few more sessions as I get used to it. Hopefully I can work all of that out this weekend at MSRC.

I look forward to seeing you guys and riding with you guys. I'm definitely not slow and have been riding for over 30 years. I was ranked 6th in the nation at 1 point in my life, but I quit riding for a long time when my wife got pregnant and finally got back into it a couple years ago. My plan is to get into the AMA in next 2-3 years as I'm not getting any younger.

Attachments

Did you borrow my front stand? I think we met. I'm still running the SuperCorsa SPs as well - not for much longer I think.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.