Triumph 675 Forums banner

Street triple r super stock race bike build

30K views 69 replies 13 participants last post by  carnage.inc 
#1 · (Edited)
Building my street triple r that i bought at the beginning of the month into a super stock bike to race in the cmra this next season. Have some pictures have to take more tomorrow because she's further along than what the current pictures i have show.

I have already installed clipons sai block offs iridium spark plugs, attack rearsets with custom spacers so i could set them up for gp shift, triumph qs.

Waiting on several more parts to arrive still. It goes so slow right now.

Sent from my MB612 using Motorcycle App

#8 ·
posting pics

here are some pics of my bike build

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Updating with pictures have more parts on the way they are just trickling in.

So far i'vve put on a daytona ram air intake fairing stay and subframe. Modified the battery tray to fit the daytona subframe (still have to do the final fitting and paint) brake pads clipons dual braided lines k and n air filter iridium spark plugs ap rearsets quick shifter grips modified/removed the ais system rear sprocket 520. Arrow low exhaust system gb racing covers frame sliders swingarm spools and front axle sliders.

Still waiting on body work my front sprocket (already have the 520 chain and rear sprocket) olhins rear shock ( thanks antirich) manual cam chain adjuster and fork springs and valving.

Will update with pictures as i get more done.

Product Bottle Fluid Window Automotive lighting
modified battery tray Bumper Paint Gas Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Sent from my MB612 using Motorcycle.com App

Attachments

#11 ·
More pictures of what i got done today. It actually looks like a motorcycle again.
Can't wait to get the rest done and take it around the neighbor hood (so long as i don't get pulled over on it again i'll be fine).

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

Its a really tight fit but it works.

Attachments

#15 ·
Lap times started in the 210 range and finished out the day running 145 on a pretty technical 1.7 mile track. Only got a couple of videos but will get the link posted when i get them uploaded to youtube

Attachments

#16 ·
I apologize for not updating this for some time. I still have to post videos of track time at texas world as well as cresson motorsports ranch. I have resprung the rear and adjusted the ride height. Should make a huge difference as far as handling goes. I'll try and get the videos up later this week as well as more pictures.

#19 ·
Its been awhile since i did an update so here goes. I did a track day on the 29 of april at eagles canyon raceway in decatur texas. I spent most of the day dialing in the rear suspension due to changing the spring and the particular track being extremely bumpy. By the end of the day i got it all sorted but not before having an r6 pass me coming into a double apex left hand corner and crash hard because he ran off the track in the middle of the corner (guess he thought he was fast). I just received some sponsorship money so a few more goodies are on the way. I'll have a video of a few laps on ecr up by the end of the week.

#21 ·
time to update this as I haven't done it in awhile. I'm currently in egypt but when I get back I will be adding more to the race bike along with items i've already added such as a super bike race tail (i didn't take any pictures lol) a keyless race fuel cap (unbelievable how heavy the stock one is in comparassion) and a sunstar rear wave rotor. coming soon will be a daytona battery tray and overflow, ebc brake rotors, brembo master, sato shift spindle holder and a few more goodies.

#22 ·
I'll be putting all the parts on this evening well as many as i can. It looks like christmas in my house right now. Got the foam put on my superbike race tail last night. Its a little crooked but it was harder to cut the foam then i expected. I will get pictures up as I get things done. I'm still waiting on a steering stop block and captive spacers as they are being sent from the uk but i'm getting everything else done as i should be up at msrc on the twenty ninth with ride smart.

#23 ·
Ok so i need to get on my laptop to upload images now it seems because it keeps telling me I need to login while trying to do it from my phone. Anyway got all my goodies installed which consisted of ebc contour rotors c60 carbone lorain brake pads a brembo rcs 19 master a sato shift shaft support lightech chain adjusters an ses steering block foam for the super bike seat tail and captive wheel spacers. The bike feels so much different just riding up and down the street bedding the brakes in its rediculous. I'll be up at cresson on sunday riding with ridesmart hopefully so I should get some more video up soon and should get more pics up soon as well.?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.