Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up..... I've been lurking here quite a while and finding out lots of info. As the bikes in hibernation for the winter i want to add a few mods. Was wondering if anyone has these mirrors or heard anything about them?? There half the price of the triumph ones.....but i don't want to end up with something inferior. Thanks for the help.
www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=176

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They look pretty good as well, but i want something i know is going to fit with no mods. ....What do people do with the existing mounting holes...ie to fill them??

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
They look pretty good as well, but i want something i know is going to fit with no mods. ....What do people do with the existing mounting holes...ie to fill them??
I have the CRG LS bar end mirrors. I filled the empty holes with the bolts lazer etched with the Union Jack from newbonneville (bottom of the page of link)
http://www.newspeed3.com/html/bar_end_mirrors.html

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Pavy10,

Do you know where rideitmoto is based? Just curious as to how much extra I'd have to pay in import tax ifI buy from them (hopefully they are in the EU so its minimal, but I'm guessing its going to be Hong Kong)

Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to sure really, but i think its some where like Hong Kong. But i checked U.K Ebay and they have the mirrors there if thats what your looking for.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Same curiosity as the OP. However, in my personal experience, you actually do get what you pay for most of the time. I bought Koso mirrors (shipped from Hong Kong) for the woman's SV. They're cheap and look good on the bike, but function for crap. Optics are so-so and they vibrate so bad that they're virtually useless at anything but a standstill.

I'd be skeptical about these unless someone has had a good experience with them. I like the Triumph style bar end mirrors, but unless someone can say that the HK mirrors are worth it, I'd probably buy the genuine stuff or spend the dough on Rizomas or CRGs.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have the CRG LS bar end mirrors. I filled the empty holes with the bolts lazer etched with the Union Jack from newbonneville (bottom of the page of link)
http://www.newspeed3.com/html/bar_end_mirrors.html
nice bolts, not so nice price :whistle:

I have a set of cheap ass barend mirrors from ebay (China offcourse).
They look a lot like those in your link (ts).
At first glance they look ok, all alu as mentioned, sturdy etc.
Havn't installed them yet as its 30F outside.

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Pavy10,

I have the CRGs on my STR. The only problem I have is that my knuckles (Racer Gloves) hit the mirrors on occasion. It's just a pain readjusting them, but they look good!

Thanks, Patrick
[ame][/ame]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey i have a 09 street triple and to be honest :notworthy:ebay is the best for parts in my opinon. I just picked up a pair of TRIUMPH bar end mirrors in chrome for $45 bucks mind you they were used but in mint condition i think the triumph original parts are best. You just need to keep a eye out for a deal, if you really want to there are also some cheapo mirrors you can get from china that are cnc aluminom for just under $70 but they will more then likely rattle

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use the Rizoma Mirrors...They install easily and work well but visibility is slightly reduced. I never look back, it distracts from the NOW!

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I use the Rizoma Mirrors...They install easily and work well but visibility is slightly reduced. I never look back, it distracts from the NOW!

Sweet (and a huge :thumbup:for the British Racing Green as well)! It would be great if you could re-install one of the OEM mirrors and give a comparison photo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ouch, $20 for two little 12mm or so bolts? That could be a new low for aftermarket ripoffs.

I have the CRG LS bar end mirrors. I filled the empty holes with the bolts lazer etched with the Union Jack from newbonneville (bottom of the page of link) http://www.newspeed3.com/html/bar_end_mirrors.html
I have the Triumph Bar End mirrors. Visibility is certainly reduced, but I have no problems seeing what I need to. They're not cheap, but the quality is top notch so I can't complain too much. I've had my fair share of cheap mirrors, and after a certain point, they're just not worth it if you're having to constantly adjusting them back while riding. I might try out the rounded bar end mirrors to even out the lines on the profile of the bike. Just to see which I like better. Either are much better than stock, aesthetically speaking.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
"push caps/plugs". They're less than a buck a piece at any hardware store. Actually...push caps/plugs can be used to plug ANY holes (such as what Triumph uses on the swingarm in the "hugger" mount holes).

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

Those Rizoma's are SWEET! Too bad Triumph didn't put some decent mirrors on the Street (instead of that metal origamy they call a mirror stalk)! Those look clean and quality! Nice pick!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wow, I always wondered what Rizoma's would look like on the street. Time to save up!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey FLYNO, those look like taller risers than the Rizoma adapters. Different?

They also look VERY similar to the knock-offs on fleabay:
CNC Mirrors

After looking into it, these ship from Hong Kong and have acrylic mirrors instead of glass. Rizoma specs blue glass and convex mirror glass.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts