Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2010 Street Triple 675R
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I have just purchased a street triple 675R and rear suspension seem to high and hard. When out riding I feel as though the front end is very low and as you drive into corners it fells like the front is sliding under me. Any advise on setting up suspension for me

· Registered
556 Posts
If you are coming from a cruiser type or comfortable naked, you may just be not used to an aggressive riding position and a firm road suspension.

My advice, instead of asking a bunch of strangers who don’t know you, your bike, how you ride, the roads where you ride, etc. etc. for advice, take the bike to a suspension shop and see what they have to say.

· Registered
931 Posts
I can't speak for the ST3, but on the Daytona the rear shock was oversprung to account for riding 2up. A softer spring will do wonders.

· Registered
1 Posts
I run a JRI SB 3way coilover and Kyle USA Linear Suspension Link, running the linkage changes the point at which the suspension starts to move and allows for a lighter spring rate to be ran than what would normally be acceptable. Basically you want the spring rate to be close to matching your body weight (spring rate=lbs required to compress spring 1") the linkage geometry changes how the movement is effected in correspondence with the rate of spring and weight being applied to it.
Im 250lbs (not light 😳) and this setup allows me to run a 200lb spring. Everything else comes down to proper coilover setup static sag and understanding how compression and rebound works. Your preload will help with dialing in the static sag of the suspension in the rear. Though if you are unsure of the effect compression and rebound makes or how to set it up properly then you should try and have somebody who does help you properly adjust it those three settings and having a proper spring rate will be a huge deciding factor when it comes to cornering confidence and absolute control.

If still unsure of what to do or where to go for help go to Dave Moss tuning.com or look up him on YouTube the dude is a suspension wizard and he is very familiar with the triumph a street bikes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts