Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2013 street triple 675 base model. Starting today, the bike wouldn't start when I hit the electric starter. Nothing happens the first few presses, then when I hold it down, It makes a tick tick noise then the whole electric just goes out ( the dash and all the lights just gone like when the key is turned off), but when I switch the key off and on again, the electric comes back. It takes about 30 mins of just on and off for it to start up and running. The thing is during those 30 mins, some time the lights and the dash board just flashing like crazy and the whole bike would turn off. Now, it is up and running normal again but I don't know if it will do the same thing tomorrow. What would be the cause of this ? The horn works fine so I don't think It would be a dead battery, I ride it everyday and the day before today too. Please help me, I'm so lost :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the battery.
[/QUOTE]

I did a reading on the battery earlier, it read 12.99 with the bike off and 15.99 at idle. But that was within 1 hour after riding. Gonna let it sit over night and test it again tomorrow

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you're getting 15.9v at idle your regulator is toast (this in turn has fried your battery). You should be getting low 14s.

Ticking sound is starter solenoid opening and closing because it's not getting enough juice to turn the starter motor.

So it's the battery. But it's the battery because something downstream seems to have gone bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts