Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I'm slowing down at a stop sign today when I started getting this weird pulsing vibration coming through the bars from 10 mph - 0 mph. If I let off the brakes for just a moment and re-engage it stops. It seems like when I'm coming from higher speeds and nearing a dead stop the pads are chattering."

This how a guy from a gixxer forum described it... and I am feeling the exact same thing...
Anyone have any advice? Bike has 2200 miles on it and I just started feeling this. I just checked my sag and I don't think I am bottoming out. 185lbs on stock springs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wheel locking? The problem going away if you release and re-engage the brake would tie in with that. Might have just started as your front tyre's worn a little.

Apart from anything else, coming to dead stop it's better to ease off the front brake as you drop below walking speed, and actually stop on the rear brake - it isn't really good for much else. Doing that eliminates the risk of really locking the front wheel and falling off because of too heavy use of the front brake or because of a poor surface that you haven't noticed.

Rob

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I had this exact problem and what it ended up being was slightly uneven forks.

Question, when you're braking are you ONLY using the front? I found that under hard braking under just the front it would do that, but when using the back it was less annoying. I got the forks realigned ever so slightly and it solved the problem but the problem slowly crept up again after a few months :(

Solution: Get new ohlins forks, OBVIOUSLY.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had this exact problem and what it ended up being was slightly uneven forks.

Question, when you're braking are you ONLY using the front? I found that under hard braking under just the front it would do that, but when using the back it was less annoying. I got the forks realigned ever so slightly and it solved the problem but the problem slowly crept up again after a few months :(

Solution: Get new ohlins forks, OBVIOUSLY.
If that is the case... I'm going back to the dealer under warranty to have them fixed/replaced... I won't rule that out, but I'm hoping it's not the case... if the nearest dealer wasn't over an hour away I'd be inclined to take it to them now...

·
Banned
365 Posts
I have this issue, wouldn't call it a problem, as it only happens if im a bit rough with the brake.
I Put it down to them being floating discs, as it only happens with front fork compression/coming to a stop

All i do to my rotors is clean them with isopropyl alcohol. You would be amazed how much shit comes off.
If nothing else it stops the pads getting fouled over time

My bet would be the fork alignment was just the caliper conected to it realigning itself. You can adjust the brake pads/calipers slightly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts