Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Genuine Triumph Alarm "A9808083" for my 2009 Street Triple R and it took me forever to figure out how to customize it. But now I got it and I hope this helps others
Data tool S4 Red/Green Manual found at www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/s4_ug.pdf
Flowchart explaining process found at http://www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/s4_software_switches_pin_override.pdf
I finally Figured out how to access the stupid Software switches
There are two major processes before you can to access "Engineering Switches", if you wish to contine please READ OVER and OVER BEFORE ATTEMPTING
MP1 - Assign PIN CODE to Datatool Unit
MP2 - Access Software Switches
You must First decide on a 4 digit number (the manual suggests 1426)
then you must get the alarm in to "initilize New Pin" mode [note: Bike must be armed at this point]
<MP1 - Assign PIN CODE to Datatool Unit>
1. Dis-arm system with remote(grey button)
2. Put in key and switch following combination all with-in 7 seconds after completing step 2.a, [note: no need to activate motor]
2.a. Switch ignition ON (you hear familier fuel pump noise and see speedo light and needle climb and fall back to 0 rpm)
2.b. Switch ignition OFF
2.c. Switch ignition ON within 5 seconds of step 2.b(you hear familier fuel pump noise and see speedo light and needle climb and fall back to 0 rpm)
2.d. within ten seconds of step 2.c, Press Grey and Black Buttons simultainiously on remote for just a second (the alarm should make a beep sound)
2.e. Switch ignition OFF
2.f. Switch ignition ON (no pump noise but you will see needle climb and drop to 0 rpm again, however this time you will see the Alarm LED flash)
3. Once you see the Alarm LED Flashing, the Alarm will soon be making a series of beeps Each beep is 1-second long beep followed by 1-second of silence. You will have to refer to the first number of your desired PIN code (e.g 1 from the 1426 example) [note the alarm led flashes in sync with beeps] [note: 0 can be assign by switching off before beeps starts counting]
3.a. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FIRST number in this case (1) Beep.
3.b. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.c. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.d. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your SECOND number in this case (4) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
3.e. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.f. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.g. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your THIRD number in this case (2) Beep, Beep.
3.h. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.i. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.j. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FOURTH number in this case (6) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
3.k. Quickly Turn OFF ignition (At this point you will hear a long BEEEEEEEP from datatool unit)
4. After the long Beeeep it time to Reconfirm the pin code that was just entered by Repeating steps 3.a through 3.k notice flashing alarm LED
4.a. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FIRST number in this case (1) Beep.
4.b. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
4.c. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
4.d. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your SECOND number in this case (4) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
4.e. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
4.f. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
4.g. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your THIRD number in this case (2) Beep, Beep.
4.h. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
4.i. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
4.j. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FOURTH number in this case (6) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
4.k. Quickly Turn OFF ignition (from this point you will either hear two short beeps to say pin entered sucessfully OR three LONG beep to tell you error has occured and to repeat starting from step 1)
Once you have sucessfully assigned a New Pin you are now able to "Customize System" Setting with New PIN [note: Bike must be armed at this point]
<MP2 - Access Software Switches>
1. Dis-arm system with remote(grey button)
2. Put in key and switch following combination all with-in 7 seconds of step 2.a without activating motor
2.a. Switch ignition ON (you hear familier fuel pump noise and see speedo light and needle climb and fall back to 0 rpm)
2.b. Switch ignition OFF
2.c. Switch ignition ON (you hear familier fuel pump noise and see speedo light and needle climb and fall back to 0 rpm)
2.d. Switch ignition OFF
2.e. Switch ignition ON (no pump noise but you will see needle climb and drop to 0 rpm again, however this time you will see the Alarm LED flash)
3. At this point you will have to enter the PIN you've assigned from <MP1 - Assign PIN CODE to Datatool Unit> You will soon hear beeps
3.a. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FIRST number in this case (1) Beep.
3.b. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.c. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.d. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your SECOND number in this case (4) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
3.e. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.f. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.g. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your THIRD number in this case (2) Beep, Beep.
3.h. Quickly Turn OFF ignition
3.i. Turn ON ignition and you will notice Alarm LED flashing again, it will soon start beeping in similar fashion
3.j. Start counting the number of beep generated by datatool unit until it matches your FOURTH number in this case (6) Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.
3.k. Quickly Turn OFF ignition (At this point you will hear a long BEEEEEP from datatool unit Confiming that PIN was Sucessfully entered)
4. You will now turn ON the ignition (you can wait for the fuel pump noises to end) and then push the Grey button on remote, you will hear a beep(don't worry about reprogramming remote in to that is already in system. If you only had two remote the Alarm LED will flash twice at this point indicating just two remotes)
5. Turn OFF ignition and you will hear a LONG BEEEP
6. Turn ON Ignition one more time and you will hear a short beep confirming that you are in the First level software switches, as illustrated in page 15 in S4 guide, The short beep also indicates which of the switches is selected. To navigate to switch two, press the Grey button (you should hear two short beeps), pressing Grey button one more time will take you to switch 3 (indicated by 3 short beeps). If you press the Black button it should reverse that selection order.
Once you have accessed the First level Software switches, there is the Dealer "Engineering switch" mode.
1. To access Engineering Switches you have to navigate to switch 3 in step 6 of <MP2 - Access Software Switches> and press a combination of buttons
1.a. once you hear three short beeps confirming your at switch 3 "Select engineer software switches" you will press Grey and Black buttons Simultainiously on remote(you will Hear a Beep)
1.b. Once you hear beep, Press just the Grey button (you will a hear beep)
1.c. you will then press the Grey and Black Buttons Simultainiously again (you will hear a beep)
1.d. Last you will press the Black Button on remote (at which you will hear a LOWER tone BEEP, confirming that you have accessed engineering switch number 1 from manual page 17

BAM!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
only problem is if you fitted it yourself and your not qualified/authorised by datatool it won't be recognised by your insurance company and gives them the perfect get out if/when the bike gets stolen

·
Registered
210 Posts
The pin is so you can start the bike without the alarm fob - in case you lose/break/forget it :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
is there a way to just turn the alarm off, this thing came on my bike, and it's driving me bonkers.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow, that seems like a huge hassle. I couldn't even be bothered to read all the steps, let alone follow all of them.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Back from the dead - cause I bought an alarm..

I have successfully entered my PIN. I understand how to get into the Engineering Switches as outlined above, but how do you change the data within the switch? Up until this point, each switch only had two options and they are selected by pushing either the gray button or the black button on the remote. The sensitivity option may have eight different options. How do you select them? Does it start beeping and you hit a button or something?

Insanity....

Edit: nevermind. I found the answer (posted here to help anyone that has gotten this far).

To Enter Switch 3 - Engineer Software Switches

Go through the process described in the User Guide to enter the Software Switches and then:

1. Navigate to Switch 3 by pressing the GREY button until 3 beeps are heard
2. Press both buttons of the remote (3 fast beeps will be heard)
3. press the grey button (a beep will be heard)
4. press both buttons (a beep will be heard)
5. press the black button (a lower tone beep will be heard)

You are now in the engineer's software switches.

The process of moving around, selecting the software switch and changing the settings is the same as switches 1 (siren tone) and 2 (passive/full arming) with each software switch being indicated by the number of lower tone beeps heard.

Enter the required switch by pressing both button of the remote

Once the desired adjustment has been made, press both buttons of the remote to confirm.

Once configuration is complete, exit by switching off the ignition.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just went through the process of enabling the "beep" when I arm/disarm the bike. O M G. Even armed with instructions and how-to's from various sources, it was a royal PITA. It took me four or five tries to get to the engineering switches. Once in, it was easy. Oh, that reminds me, I need to go plug in my trickle charger.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have to a agree just reading it ALL IS A PITA but I guess once its done it will be set and forget.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have to a agree just reading it ALL IS A PITA but I guess once its done it will be set and forget.
Pretty much. I did learn not to park next to a bunch of other bikes, though. Riders either bump into it and set it off or the loud exhaust from an unbaffled Harley sets it off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grrrr yaaaaaagh nrrragh ....

My word that's a painful process access those engineers switches ... I'm gonna leave that for another day. I've done the PIN change ..... my poor little brain now needs to be rested. I find it real difficult doing things like this ..... give me spanners and wrenches and things that I can see and feel doing stuff. It's like applying cheats to video games .... you do cheat don't you :laugh: I do ... I have to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts