Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have thru research and work been able to create hardware and code needed to eliminate the dash on a 2013+ Street Triple. As some of you are aware, you cant just get rid of the dash because the ECU will refuse to start the engine.

Now I'm thinking about making a batch of these small devices that hooks up to the dash connector. But is it worthwhile? Is there any interest out these in such a device? I will make it an dash adapter at the same time so its possible to wither ride without a dash altogether, or hook up some aftermarket instruments to the device.

Regards
Tobias

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why would we need this? Why exactly do you need this? The cluster is part of the BUS Network on the bikes, and has very useful, pertinent information displayed on it. I can't see why you'd actually want to delete it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certain riders want to get rid of the dash, such as stunt riders etc.

Some custom builders want to use an aftermarket dash to better suit the style they are after.

Some might have stuffed their dash and are having problem to source a new/second hand one of the same batch to allow for their bike to run.

/Tobias

Why would we need this? Why exactly do you need this? The cluster is part of the BUS Network on the bikes, and has very useful, pertinent information displayed on it. I can't see why you'd actually want to delete it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I now have a couple of these units availble for sale if anyone is interested.

Hi Tobias! I'm picking up this old thread as I'm looking to get rid of the dash on a 2010 Daytona... Do you have any of these left and would you care to help with figuring out the 'codes' for a Daytona?
Thanks!
Svein

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also interested as I crashed on track and destroyed the cluster on my 09. Still available?
If you don't already know: TuneECU lets you "delete" the dash which at least lets you run the bike without. You will still get an error code from the ECU which is what I would like to avoid... But it's a start!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you don't already know: TuneECU lets you "delete" the dash which at least lets you run the bike without. You will still get an error code from the ECU which is what I would like to avoid... But it's a start!
could I then run aftermarket instruments?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice - how easy was install?
Fairly simple with the AIM unit, but certainly not cheaper than getting a used dash. But then again you get a posh dash with laptimer and logging!
- I made a simple bracket out of fiberglass, basically just a flat plate to mount it on. It also has a raised section for a couple of LEDs.
- Four wires are required: +12V, Ground, Can+ and CAN-. You tap into the CAN-bus on pins 4 and 5 on the dash connector:
CAN+ is red
CAN- is blue
- Oil pressure switch needs to be wired separately. I used an LED for it, but you could use an input on the dash.
- Fuel level switch is not included in the CAN-bus config from AIM so I wired that separately to an LED with some resistors to get it to work, but that didn't really work out to well...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I now have a couple of these units availble for sale if anyone is intere
I now have a couple of these units availble for sale if anyone is interested.

https://cdn.tindiemedia.com/images/resize/68fF5WqJrxMeUBonff6FWOrxOFM=/p/full-fit-in/1378x1034/i/76183/products/2019-
12-08T06%3A04%3A51.524Z-20191208_155917.jpg

I want to purchase a adapter for triumph street triple 765 rs 2017
Whats process about purchasing? Please pm me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts