Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, quick and sweet update...

Many of you probably saw my post that my D675 was stolen in Atlanta, and then recovered. And now it's being totaled by the insurance company. Guy laid it down, but basically scratches all over the place, not actually that bad, and no real mechanical damage (well other than a drilled out ignition cylinder and key lock on the gas tank...). Dealer estimated ~$9,500 to return to pristine condition (what it was like before it was stolen)...

Anyways, insurance company (State Farm) gave me a COMPLETELY fair valuation on the bike (100% of NADA value, plus sales tax, less my deductible), and gave me a very fair price to keep the bike.

So, I've got a deposit down on a new, zero mile, 2006 (yes '06) Ducati Sport Classic 1000 that I'll be picking up in 2 weeks, and I'll be turning my recovered 675 into a full time track bike shortly (also means my 05 R6 track bike will be for sale shortly, cheaply....).

Anyways, thought I'd provide the update, and a shout out to State Farm for being extremely fair in their valuations and working quickly through the whole process!!!

And since I'm getting to keep the bike, figure I can maintain my membership on the board!!!

Thanks again to everyone who expressed concern when my bike was stolen and recovered, and everyone that made recommendations on a replacement bike!!!!

Can't wait to take this bike on the track and finally see what she can really do....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ONLY one I could find!!! Red with the white stripe. I probably like the black a hair more, but being able to find a brand new one with zero miles (and I've been looking everywhere for a month, new and used), I took what I could find!!!

And let's be honest, Ducati and red kind of go together....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts