Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just an FYI, had my 2009 D675 stolen out of my parking garage about 4 hours ago (cut the chain, popped the ignition cylinder, presumably rode it out the parking deck - waiting on complex to search the video tape....).

Anyways, just an FYI, had a little more than 9,500 miles (honestly not exactly sure). So if you see any "sweet" deals, I'd appreciate if you kicked me a message.....

Thanks everyone!!!

SO UPDATE - Bike was recovered by cops yesterday. According to them (haven't seen bike yet) in addition to busting out ignition cylinder to hotwire it, he punched through the fuel tank lock, and put wheel locks on both the wheels (apparently he was worried about it being stolen....). Hopefully that's the only damage, and of course, they didn't manage to catch the thief.... Anyways, thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
sorry to hear that.....same thing happened to my bike awhile back where someone tried to hotwire my bike but my disc alarm and scorpio alarm likely went off and they ran off.

do you have insurance for your bike?

·
Banned
941 Posts
color? what area of atlanta?
+10000

If you want people to keep an eye out, you need to be as DESCRIPTIVE as possible. Color, mods, any distinctive scratches/markings, etc. Anything that could help someone identify your bike that sets it apart from other daytonas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
+++++

I live in Atlanta so I could definitely keep an eye out, give us some details. And check craigslist there are very few 675s on there in Atlanta.... though mine is one right now buts its an 07 and mine so please don't sick the cops on me!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I'm an idiot. Black, 100% stock except for an almost brand new set of Q2's. Basically no mods, oh, except the side lights had been removed, other than that, a completely stock, unmarked mint condition, bike.

Many thanks. Oh, and the only other thing distinctive, believe it or not, is I only have one screw holding the license plate on....

Many thanks. Oh, and I live on Lavista by Cheshire bridge, so kind of between Midtown and Buckhead.

Thanks everyone!!! I don't expect to get it back honestly, but sure would like to (and yes, it was insured, so at least I've got that going for me......)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sorry

Sorry to hear that. Hope the bike is recovered relatively intact and the low-life finds justice in whatever form it takes.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dude that sucks. i will keep an eye out. i live in suwanee, but im all over the place for work, and i can spot a 675 from a mile away, since you rarely see them around here.

i hope everything gets worked out ok.

you say its on 09 black? that means it has the standard grey color rims right? not the gold SE ones?

i dont want to preach to you either, but i had my bike lifted from my apt complex parking garage in dunwoody. lesson learned, and my bike will NEVER stay outside again.

keep your head up man.

- louie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!!! Yeah, Detective called me today and also recommended GPS, said his personal record on the force was a recovery in 11 minutes from the time the vehicle was reported stolen!!!!

Anyways, thanks everyone, guess I'm back in the market for a bike...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll keep a look out for you too. I'm between Marietta and downtown pretty much daily. As said, I can spot a Triumph from miles away, so I'll notice any black 675s. Hope you get lucky.

·
Registered
138 Posts
will keep an eye out this side of the state. might not be a bad idea to post vin number and engine number incase someone dismantles her(sorry but it does happen)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on getting it back. Hopefully they didn't damage anything too bad. May be a good idea to take it to a dealer and have it checked out to make sure they didn't rag it out too bad.
Years ago I had a Ducati Monster stolen and it was recovered a week later. I got it back and thought the damage was minimal with only cosmetic issues. Turns out I should have checked the gas tank cause they poured sand in the tank.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will do, although I don't think they will (probably wish they would...). I suspect there's less than a thousand dollars worth of damage so figure they'll just fix it and hand it back over.

But I'll definitely post up if they do!!!

And yeah, I'll definitely will have dealer take a solid look - I actually commented to a friend I was worried they'd do something stupid like pour sugar in the tank... Although the wheel locks indicate he was planning on riding for a while... We'll see. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
:thumbup: Not the sort of news we hear nearly as much as we'd like to !

·
Registered
760 Posts
Glad you got your bike back, but if I were you, I'd be demanding a new bike from my insurance company. You have no idea what else was done to that bike while it was not in your possession. It could have been banged off the rev limiter... and what about the remains from where he punched through the gas tank? Did that stuff go through your fuel system??

Just my 2 cents.

-Brian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you got your bike back, but if I were you, I'd be demanding a new bike from my insurance company. You have no idea what else was done to that bike while it was not in your possession. It could have been banged off the rev limiter... and what about the remains from where he punched through the gas tank? Did that stuff go through your fuel system??

Just my 2 cents.

-Brian
Yeah, I've got some concerns... Just inspected it at tow shop, clearly he dropped it (or transported it on it's side), as there are scratches on the left side (although all pretty small) as well as on the rear cover seat fairing, and the clutch cover is pretty scraped up. Oh, and the left handlebar rubber is torn up. Also managed to scrape up the right side of the front fairing (in addition to gas tank and ignition cylinder being drilled out).

I'm having it towed to an authorized Triumph dealer and will have them give it a very thorough going over and see what the damage is. Again, most of the scrapes and what not are pretty small, but they don't repaint fairings do they, so it looks like it might be expensive to replace all the plastics before even looking at whatever mechanical damage there might be.

We'll see, I'll keep everyone updated! Thanks for your thoughts and concerns...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts