Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus, I thought the previous stock ones were slicks.. Those are fucking ridiculous. Why even bother putting tread on 'em when it's obviously such an after thought to make them road legal-ish..

Am going to see if I can get 'em swapped out before leaving the shop. Not interested in ones that will wear flat if used for anything other than trackdays, which I assume that's the type of tyre they are.

Anyone got info on how long they last?

·
Registered
235 Posts
So, wait, you're not going to use the tires (tyres, sorry) you already paid for because they'll run out too quickly?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, wait, you're not going to use the tires (tyres, sorry) you already paid for because they'll run out too quickly?
Going to see if they can swap 'em out as the bike comes out of the crate, pay the difference in price.. *shrug*

I suppose I could just leave 'em on it, but given I'll be doing a fair bit of riding around town initially the rear will no doubt get flattened and then have to throw the things away in no time anyhow..

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Going to see if they can swap 'em out as the bike comes out of the crate, pay the difference in price.. *shrug*

I suppose I could just leave 'em on it, but given I'll be doing a fair bit of riding around town initially the rear will no doubt get flattened and then have to throw the things away in no time anyhow..
Why they are great tires, I haven't tried them in the wet, but they work well in the cold warm up quickly ans tick like mad.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have 298 miles on mine now and havent had one problem with them yet!
I think they stick to the road awesome... havent been in the rain or wet
yet though so we will see about that.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sounds like the perfect tyres for what the bike is built for ;)

If you want to part them cheap I may know few people who could be interested in them. I will stick to my even less treaded racetecs for now.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it's the "in the wet" bit that worries me. They look about as bad for wet weather as you could possibly get aside from 100% slicks. I want tyres that work in all conditions so that if I do get caught in a storm: I'm not fighting just to stay on the road.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I commute on my bike to and we had lots of wet weather recently, I consider it part of my training of staying up at the limits of traction. But the tyres will be good enough unless there's a torrential rain and the streets are flooded while trying to do a knee down. I always take it very easy in rain, so the lack of tread doesn't worry me too much. Especially in the city, since the drainage is pretty good. The bigger thing to worry about would be oil spills in the wet.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just passed 600 miles on my stock tires yesterday and caught some rain on the way home. They did just fine. I have no complaints. My stock tires are the Diablo SuperCorsa's, but the other 09 Daytona they have at the shop has another brand.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I never seen anyone bitch so much about a bike coming with such a kick ass tire, face it 90% of us that buy these bikes are not commuting they pretty much only get ridden in nice dry conditions, after all that is what this bike is designed for, it wasnt designed to commute on :smilielol5:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I never seen anyone bitch so much about a bike coming with such a kick ass tire, face it 90% of us that buy these bikes are not commuting they pretty much only get ridden in nice dry conditions, after all that is what this bike is designed for, it wasnt designed to commute on :smilielol5:
^ +1 Agreed

·
Registered
235 Posts
Don't necessarily agree with that. I see your point but it is a street bike. If the tire is going to be poor in the rain (haven't tried yet) then it's a poor choice for a street tire IMO.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I commute on my bike to and we had lots of wet weather recently, I consider it part of my training of staying up at the limits of traction. But the tyres will be good enough unless there's a torrential rain and the streets are flooded while trying to do a knee down. I always take it very easy in rain, so the lack of tread doesn't worry me too much. Especially in the city, since the drainage is pretty good. The bigger thing to worry about would be oil spills in the wet.
My front slid a bit on my 07 stock tires when wet and cold. It had just started to rain, so the road was a bit more slick than with just rain. It's a scary feeling though. I wasn't going fast or leaning very much. The bike just doesn't turn as fast as it should in dry weather.

From what I understand Nathan isn't a "find the traction limits" kind of guy, so I completely understand him not wanting to keep the stock tires. :thumbup: Not everyone is going to ride the bike the same as you.

Don't necessarily agree with that. I see your point but it is a street bike. If the tire is going to be poor in the rain (haven't tried yet) then it's a poor choice for a street tire IMO.
Exactly.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My front slid a bit on my 07 stock tires when wet and cold. It had just started to rain, so the road was a bit more slick than with just rain. It's a scary feeling though. I wasn't going fast or leaning very much. The bike just doesn't turn as fast as it should in dry weather.

From what I understand Nathan isn't a "find the traction limits" kind of guy, so I completely understand him not wanting to keep the stock tires. :thumbup: Not everyone is going to ride the bike the same as you.

Exactly.
that is very true and I wasnt trying to say that everyone rides like that... heck I dont even "find the traction limits" majority of the time -- there arent really any roads around here to do that let alone its not SAFE to be doing that on the streets.... that is what tracks are for.
I was just stating that I personally like the stock tires so far and the bike in fact is a sport bike and not REALLY made to be a commuter bike :cool2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
The tyres that come on the 09 675 are the Diablo Super corsa SP. Although they are not the exact race tire from Pirelli ( wich is used in World super sport and AMA super sport racing ) they are the STREET version ( SP ) of said race tyre, much like the Super Corsa pro that came on the 1st gen 675, it was created to be put on production motorcycles with the intent to be used on the track for trackdays.. :thumbsup:

In other words, Same carcas and tread patern of a race tire, but with a diff compound for the street

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I have to disagree... this bike is designed to be ridden... :coolgleamA:

Commute, touring or track riding... my bike will handle them all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The more posts I see by Nathan. The more I'm convinced this isn't the right bike for you. Its a sport bike, hence sport tires.

It seems like you are looking for something different than this bike was intended to do.

Crkd2F

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have to disagree... this bike is designed to be ridden... :coolgleamA:

Commute, touring or track riding... my bike will handle them all.
Im just saying, it seems the OP is better suited toward a touring tire.....well you know full well there would be far more complaints if Triumph stuck a touring tire on the 675 as opposed to the Pirellis they chose. for the caliber of bike the 675 is, I feel Triumph chose the proper tire. IMO Triumph and Ducati are pretty much the only manufacturers that fit a proper tire to the caliber of bike they produce, the Japanese bikes are fitted with rubbage tires as far as Im concerned. Its well documented that the 675 does well in the comparisons because Triumph chose to fit top quality rubber, its nice to have a bike that can go from showroom to the track and not miss a beat, and IMO the tires are a large part of that. Kudos to Triumph for not skimping.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Im just saying, it seems the OP is better suited toward a touring tire.....well you know full well there would be far more complaints if Triumph stuck a touring tire on the 675 as opposed to the Pirellis they chose. for the caliber of bike the 675 is, I feel Triumph chose the proper tire. IMO Triumph and Ducati are pretty much the only manufacturers that fit a proper tire to the caliber of bike they produce, the Japanese bikes are fitted with rubbage tires as far as Im concerned. Its well documented that the 675 does well in the comparisons because Triumph chose to fit top quality rubber, its nice to have a bike that can go from showroom to the track and not miss a beat, and IMO the tires are a large part of that. Kudos to Triumph for not skimping.
I don't think that he's complaining as much as he's just stating the facts... In Nathan's way :rofl:

I think the stock tires for the 07s were pretty sweet for street riding, but kinda shit for mileage (true for all sticky tires). Which is why I have Pilot Road 2s on my 675 and it performs beautifully :cool2:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.