Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick (stupid) question on whether or not these will fit the stock clip-ons:

I got them for free thats why I have them. If it were up to me, I would spend money on some better quality ends.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Should do, whip one of your ones out and try it…
The black plane ones aren't too bad.
The carbon look?
Cool, I have light weights… Not that they are lighter, but they LOOK lighter so I must be able to look like I go faster…

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The interesting thing is certainly they aren't bolt-on ready. The stock clip ons seem to have an interesting system inside the bar itself that doesn't want to come out. I wonder if those can come out and stay out to simply insert these bar ends with rubber mount???

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is the thread pitch and bolt O.D. the same?
Can you take off the nut and rubber expansion plug and bolt them into the insert that is already in there?
To check the thread, pull the factory bolt out, get the after market bolt, put the threaded ends end to end.
Are they the same diameter?
If they are, get the two bolts and get the threads to lock into each other, if they do, and you hold them up to the light and there is no light showing through where the pitch changers, then you have two bolts the same.
Or, do the factory bolts fit in the end of the aftermarket weights?
Don't force them to screw in, you might nacker the insert thread.
Check that they are centred too, or it'll look like arse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The stock bar ends are a pain to pull out, but they weight about a half pound each (!) and are worth removing. Lighter steering and not too much more in the way of vibrations. Removing them took lotsa pulling and twisting, but they come out.

With the bar ends you're looking at, all you need to know is the diameter of the rubber expansion plug and the inner diameter of your clipons. If they're compatable you're good to go.

·
Banned
365 Posts
The stock bar ends are a pain to pull out, but they weight about a half pound each (!) and are worth removing. Lighter steering and not too much more in the way of vibrations. Removing them took lotsa pulling and twisting, but they come out.

With the bar ends you're looking at, all you need to know is the diameter of the rubber expansion plug and the inner diameter of your clipons. If they're compatable you're good to go.
I Ditched the stock bar ends for the weight saving. I never thought of it affecting steering, but o well, am used to them now. Bar ends are a small measure of protection against static bike drops too

Rizoma make a nice bar end/grip combo, a bit thicker than the stock but look nice..
http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/ProdottiUniversal.cfm?ID_categoria=6&IDSez=1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts