Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, for anyone out there with a D675...how did you mount your Stebel? I can't retrofit it due to knowing it will hit my front fender.

Best spot I could find is the left side right by the engine using a engine mount bolt as a mounting spot for a custom made braket....

Anyone? Thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
I couldn't find a place to mount it either. I would be worried about the heat with mounting it next to the engine.

Do a search on youtube. I remember someone on there doing it. Could contact him to find out exactly where it was mounted.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
That someone was qweesy :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe the solution was a remotely mounted compressor. Also to get the best volume out of it you have to wire it through a relay. I will be attempting this in the next few months and will try to do a write up.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the harness with the relay and all, best spot I can find is the left side(if you are on your bike) right by the engine, to be using the engine mount bolt to mount it up... I can't figure how to retrofit it to the front...not enough room with front fender and all..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can you share either a pic or a diagram of the harness w/ the relay? I'm comfortable with electrical work ove just never used a relay before. Also, that side mount sounds perfect as I want to keep the stock horn anyway. The HID's make the flash to pass trigger useless anyway so I want to use that.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I put my air horns (crap idea, stick with the all in one unit) on the right hand side just under the in-fill panel.
Had to make a little bracket for the horns, and I mounted the little compressor hard up under the lower triple clamp where the factory horn is.
No interference issues in the past three years!
Had to get creative with the twin horns and a die grinder to get them a little closer together, the Stebel should be a better fit as it wont have the length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts