Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is a 2009 Daytona 675.
Ok I had bike serviced put it in my garage and now it will not start. Battery is recent and always connected to a charger.
When I try and start I put key in and it goes through its test sequence.
But I press the button there is no sound at all. I have checked side stand and it seems to be working fine.
Has anyone had similar? Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
652 Posts
If it just clicks and doesn't turn over, almost always the battery. Use your car to boost it and report back with results.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it just clicks and doesn't turn over, almost always the battery. Use your car to boost it and report back with results.
Thanks I will order a new battery and see how that goes. I am going to sell it after I get it running. I have owned Daytona since new.
I've literally just bought an RSV4 as a replacement.

·
Registered
652 Posts
First try boosting it in case the battery isn't the issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, I swapped the Aprilia battery onto the bike but still nothing. I have joined clutch switch wires together at the lever. But still no joy. Next im going to see if it will bump start.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I bumped started bike. It started very easily. So I thought I had cracked it. But it still won't start on the button. No cranking or clicking or any noise. Any thoughts please.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thank you to both of you. Far canal was correct it was the starter button. I took it apart and removed corrosion and it's starting on the button every time now.

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts