Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '08 daytona 675 with about 1400 miles on it & basically stock.

Have been noticing a engine "squeak" consistently when the engine RPM pass around 4700 RPM. I thought it might be the EXUP valve, but seems not to be it.

Ideas?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Intake flapper in the front

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You Can use the TuneEcu program and disable it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haha, I also have an 08 Daytona with 2k miles and the same squeek when I pass the same rpm range. I hadn't got around to investigating but I was suspecting the exup or intake flapper. So, cool that I spotted this thread.

T675.net to the rescue once again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I also have an 08 Daytona with 2k miles and the same squeek when I pass the same rpm range. I hadn't got around to investigating but I was suspecting the exup or intake flapper. So, cool that I spotted this thread.

T675.net to the rescue once again.
Not surprising that some of these issues happen pretty consistently across bikes.

Any good sources for TuneECU cables? Saw some on amazon for $25

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had this sound, drove me crazy! Found out what it was from here, sprayed a good amount of CRC (I think you guys use WD40?) and I have not heard it for 9000+ kms! :thumbup: Much easier and cheaper than disabling and removing it unless you really want to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had this sound, drove me crazy! Found out what it was from here, sprayed a good amount of CRC (I think you guys use WD40?) and I have not heard it for 9000+ kms! :thumbup: Much easier and cheaper than disabling and removing it unless you really want to.
That's funny... Will give that a shot while I wait for my TuneECU cable to arrive. Amazing what a little shot of WD can do for you sometimes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 08 675... i think some WD40 will be my choice, but out of curiosity, what are the pros/cons to disabling the intake flapper?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 08 675... i think some WD40 will be my choice, but out of curiosity, what are the pros/cons to disabling the intake flapper?
Pros; no squeak and less weight with one less moving part to fail and put up a code and one less line to follow if you ever have a vacuum leak.
Cons; Err… Guys, I'm gunna need some help on this…

·
Registered
327 Posts
I removed the whole unit and capped the line where it came from with a vacuum cap and zip tie.

Also used a hot knife and some spare black oil quarts to cut a piece to cover the hole. "welded" the patch on with the hot knife.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ok...I hope this doesn't cause issues. I took a shortcut/easy out. I took off the windscreen. Disconnected the the hose from the actuator. Plugged the hose with a small bolt and taped up. Taped hose to actuator. Put back together. No Flapper movement! Seems to be working. Please let me know if you see any problems with this. It sure beats the annoying squeak! So far so good! No error lights or running problems (short 2 mile ride to test).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok...I hope this doesn't cause issues. I took a shortcut/easy out. I took off the windscreen. Disconnected the the hose from the actuator. Plugged the hose with a small bolt and taped up. Taped hose to actuator. Put back together. No Flapper movement! Seems to be working. Please let me know if you see any problems with this. It sure beats the annoying squeak! So far so good! No error lights or running problems (short 2 mile ride to test).
Sounds like it should work to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.