Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states,

I'm having an extreme hesitation/sputtering at 8K RPM when holding open the throttle at 100%. I have a stock exhaust and have disabled the exup valve through TuneECU. Other than that, I have a stock map on it and have reset the TPS.

When accelerating in 1st and 2nd, as long as the throttle is not at 100%, it goes right past 8K RPM without a problem and no hesitation. Once I get up into the higher gears and higher speeds, (when trying to pass or elevate speed on the highway) it just doesn't want to do it for me. I took it out yesterday and the bike literally would not break 102MPH because it was stuck at 8K RPM in 6th gear. Downshifted - same deal.

For what its worth, since I have disabled the exup (which is when I noticed the hesitation problem), the gas mileage has decreased dramatically as well - which leads me to believe it is some sort of fuel/firing issue that is causing the sputtering.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

This is probably a very basic issue/fix but I'm basically knowledge less when it comes to engines/mechanics.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It kind of sounds like the exup is not full open.
Would it be worth it to remove the whole valve at this point, do you think?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
146 Posts
Make sure it's open fully and see if that cures the problem. Cutting the pipe and going to a lot of trouble hardly seems worth it, if that isn't the problem. Or you could buy the full titanium Arrow system from Triumph just in case that's it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I'm going to have some time to work on the bike on Friday. I'll definitely look at whether the exup is fully open or not.

I have tried the stock tune and the time for high RON and had the same result. I am hoping it's as easy as lubing up the exup and that being the cure.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I had really bad problems with the Exup on my last bike, we never did figure out the problem but the symptoms were exactly as you describe.

I'd make sure it is disabled first. I would definitely take the time and effort to delete it all together regardless of if that's the problem or not; it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a question...on my 12 675r after a few pulls wide open it performs perfect but after a few pulls when I go wide open throttle it bogs me down to about 10k if I let off wot it picks back up and accelerates but of I dip back onto wot it bogs and backfires, all I have to do it turn the kill switch and key of then re fire and it works as it should for a wile then act back up ....any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts