Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have been running an Arrow slip on now for about 1500 miles and I love it. Good sound, good quality, and it looks great.

Here is the question. I know there are a lot of posts out there that talk that going -1/+2 or stock/+2 will give you better low end. What do you all think about placing any one of these sprocket combinations with the full arrow exhaust. My train of thought is that the supposed low end I lose with the full exhaust will be made up with the sprocket set.

If I am completely wrong, please keep in mind I am not that mechanically inclined (noob disclaimer). Anyway, I look forward to hearing you suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
752 Posts
If you have your bike tuned properly for the full system you won't lose any low end power. If you're just looking to feel some more acceleration go with the sprocket option, MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper. The Arrow full system is pretty much just a weight saver, you can save your self $2,000 by running less gas in your tank. Weight reduction is weight reduction.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I dont think you should lose any power with a proper tune, but even if you did lose some low end, i think the -1, +2 would be overkill to compensate. realistically +1 to the rear would be closer to anything lost

·
Registered
286 Posts
having personally dyno'd several 675s with full exhausts, we've never lost any power anywhere in the powerband. I think people 'feel' they've lose power down low solely because the BIG increase in power is at the top of the rev range where the engine is really breathing hard enough to justify a big exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.