Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was only about a week or two ago that I posted this video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCS06rbL5hI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Snow In Toronto!![/nomedia]

Hilarious! If you haven't watched it, please do.

However, tomorrow and Friday, the temperature is going to hit 10 degrees Celcius.

It looks like riding season is just around the corner:nod:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya man. I am about 99% sure I will see a bike or two out tomorrow as well.

The past 2 years we have been lucky as well. The riding season pretty much began the last week of Feb (next week). In the city at least.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Been in the 40s here the last few days. I normally can get the bike out in early March. We still have 60 some inches of snow that needs to go away first. I am chopping at the bit to get out and ride again. I need my stress relief.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been in the 40s here the last few days. I normally can get the bike out in early March. We still have 60 some inches of snow that needs to go away first. I am chopping at the bit to get out and ride again. I need my stress relief.
Wow that's a lot of snow, this year we only had maybe 10inches at the most! Probably more around 7. Last year it was even less.

I am itching to go testdrive an STR

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow that's a lot of snow, this year we only had maybe 10inches at the most! Probably more around 7. Last year it was even less.

I am itching to go testdrive an STR
That is all you get. Wow so much for being called the Great White North. That video that you posted was pretty funny though.

We did have a nasty winter. That 60 inches was the amount of snow for the season but there is still over a foot at least outside the window. The snow banks are the worst part some are over 12 feet tall. Ohh well its all most over.

Enjoy your ride on the STR. Triumph should put warning labels on the bike. Warning demo ride might cause a decrease in the size of your wallet.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
it's 10c with sunshine here all week.

And guess whats coming this weekend, snow, -1 and rain. blegh
Did you ride all week?

That is all you get. Wow so much for being called the Great White North. That video that you posted was pretty funny though.

We did have a nasty winter. That 60 inches was the amount of snow for the season but there is still over a foot at least outside the window. The snow banks are the worst part some are over 12 feet tall. Ohh well its all most over.

Enjoy your ride on the STR. Triumph should put warning labels on the bike. Warning demo ride might cause a decrease in the size of your wallet.
Yeah, that's all we get. Toronto is kind of weird like that. I think it's a combination of Lake Ontario and all the pollution.

That video is funny. People here get in a big panic when we get a couple of inches of snow lol. I am originally from 4 hours north of here. I know what winter can really be like.

Hahaha Yeah i think I should also warn the dealership that I may not return with their bike.

Kind of like this guy lol!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCoMZxCMJQ8"]YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 Commercial-2010[/nomedia]

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
We've had Spring-like weather for the last week or so. Today it is snowing like a mother! Big flakes and quickly accumulating. :notamused:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
We need to drive more Ferrari's and other cars with big engines (sorry guys, I hate those big american SUV's, they are fugly as hell), this world needs to get warmer fast!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The snow has finally cleared here and supposed to be in the high 60's tomorrow. I will definitely be riding!
That's awesome man! Good to hear.

We just got dumped on today, got like 4 inches in places. :notamused:
Not so awesome. Not so good to hear. :itsok:Soon enough.

8 Celsius today. Everything is melting here! I love it. At this pace, the streets will be rideable in 2 days.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's awesome man! Good to hear.

Not so awesome. Not so good to hear. :itsok:Soon enough.

8 Celsius today. Everything is melting here! I love it. At this pace, the streets will be rideable in 2 days.
Yeah, woke up to some more this morning. A few more inches at city level. I don't mind it in the mountains, but I get tired of shoveling it. :itsok:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Freakin computer just erased my last post-well no worry its way to nice here in northern VA ---65F outside 20-21C? --- Never put any stabilizer -didn't charge the batteries-went out to the garage-both the 08 and 10 started first kick-sweeet-that would be a very lucky me! Then proceeded to take mrs TappinZZ 08 out for 40 minutes and 30 miles of 5k rpm plus battery chargin'-as well as my own- quite sandy around these parts true caution is in order if you want the rubber on the road- Followed up with my 10R streety for about a 40 mile slightly more rpmed ride- boy was that a great first ride of the 2011 season.

Death to the winter chill-send it back to ants and artics....

Hope others were as fortunate as I have been this fine 17th day of Feb 2011.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, woke up to some more this morning. A few more inches at city level. I don't mind it in the mountains, but I get tired of shoveling it. :itsok:
I haven't shovelled snow in 3 years and I love it. However, that's primarily because I live in a condo lol.

However, I used to have to shovel a 7 car driveway. I don't miss it one bit. Especially on bad winters when there's nowhere to put the snow because the banks are so high.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts