Triumph675.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my cousin Steve has just bought a 2007 Daytona 675R and he can't seem to get any info on whether gearing changes will affect his speedometer reading. It seems the speedo is taken from the final drive shaft and he assumes it will affect the accuracy.

Sorry if this has been covered before...
Kobo

·
Registered
590 Posts
So, my cousin Steve has just bought a 2007 Daytona 675R and he can't seem to get any info on whether gearing changes will affect his speedometer reading. It seems the speedo is taken from the final drive shaft and he assumes it will affect the accuracy.

Sorry if this has been covered before...
Kobo
1. There were no 675R's in 2007, I believe the R version was first made available in 2010.
2. Yes, gearing changes will affect the speedo and odo.

Reactions: John Koboroff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I guess the next question is would there be a simple way to adjust the speedo/odo so that it is reading correctly? I would have thought Triumph would have this covered because most people change their gearing. BTW, the bike is a Daytona 675 Triple...

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
That's neon blue and only came out in 2008...stunning. The R version had some carbon fiber parts, ohlins suspension front and back with brembo master and calipers in the front.
Regarding the correction, search up TuneECU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts