Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw one of the funniest things of my young life yesterday afternoon. Denver weather warmed into the 60's, so I went out for a short ride. I rode a twisty climb just outside the city. This road is by far the most popular bicycle ride within 20 miles of Denver, and it's loaded with hikers crossing the road, and guys flying RC planes. So it's never a ride to push the pace or show off your lack of chicken strip, just more of a casual ride with interesting scenery.

I came around the start of one of the most twisty parts, only to see flashing police lights around the next bend. "oh shit, a cyclist went down" was my first thought.

Then I saw a group of 12-15 young men gathered around the car, and noticed the pile of longboards, motocross helmets, and assorted safety gear piled in the ditch. Several of the kids were in full motorcycle leathers, but skateboard shoes. The ones without leathers were at least fully covered by clothing and elbow/knee pads and helmets.The officer had pulled over and was ticketing the entire group, for what I can only assume were speed violations. (15-20mph posted in that area)

As I rolled by, several of the guys gave me sheepish grins and "you lucky bastard" waves. :whistle: When I came back down the same way, all the guys were sitting in the ditch waiting for a ride. Of all the days to not have a camera with me! The group of kids gathered around the cop car getting tickets while just a mile up the road bicycles descended at twice the posted speed limit really made me laugh.

·
Premium Member
9,297 Posts
Haha.. man that picture would have been great.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
My guess is that it had less to do with speeds than it did with riding skateboards on a public highway/roadway and perhaps recklessness.

Would have been something to see!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Speed boarders are a regular sight around here. They'll skate all the way down then they'll pile 20 deep into a truck and drive back up the mountain. Looks like a ton of fun but my skating days are long behind me.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv9lg1g6VW4"]YouTube - Longboarding Tuna Canyon[/nomedia]

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts