Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny true story; A gentleman I know who only has one arm, was riding along with his prosthetic arm clipped to his bars.
Lady "looks" (yea right) and pulls out, clips him and down he goes.
Low speed contact, he's Okay, bikes not too bad, still rideable and the car is fine.
But the driver needed an ambulance as she was totally hysterical!
All she could see was an arm still attached to the bike.
The fact that he happily put it back on in front of her didn't probably help much ether…
:rofl:

·
Banned
941 Posts
OMG...do you know this guy personally? Imagine the trauma that lady went through thinking she hit him so hard his arm fell off!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, he blatts about on a Harley, I have no idea how he rides the thing!
Into all sorts of mad things, water skis, had a lawn mowing business.
For a guy with one arm it doesn't slow him down at all!
Nice bloke too, he felt pretty bad for the lady.

·
Premium Member
9,300 Posts
Hahahaha, now that is a funny story. Still sucks he has one arm and a damaged bike.. but it did make for a good laugh.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Somewhat similar, maybe not quite as funny. I wrote an article last year (http://accelerate.presspublisher.us/issue/issue-6-2010/article/wheels) about a guy who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. Well, years later he decides to get back into riding and modifies a bike with what he calls "landing gear" to hold him up at a stop. While he's still working out the bugs, he has a minor crash and he's lying there on the pavement. Horrified onlookers/good samaritans run up and urge him to lie still and not move until the ambulance gets there in case he has a spinal injury. He just laughs and tells them he's already paralyzed. What's left to worry about?

The guy has a great attitude.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Somewhat similar, maybe not quite as funny. I wrote an article last year (http://accelerate.presspublisher.us/issue/issue-6-2010/article/wheels) about a guy who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. Well, years later he decides to get back into riding and modifies a bike with what he calls "landing gear" to hold him up at a stop. While he's still working out the bugs, he has a minor crash and he's lying there on the pavement. Horrified onlookers/good samaritans run up and urge him to lie still and not move until the ambulance gets there in case he has a spinal injury. He just laughs and tells them he's already paralyzed. What's left to worry about?

The guy has a great attitude.
Holy crap that was funny!! :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just wondering, how does the guy with one arm work both the clutch and the front brake?? did re move the front brake to foot controls??
Has had it set up for him, dunno exactly how or what but I'm sure the clutch is now on the right.
As for indicators, horn etc I don't have a clue!
Gets around on it though...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts