Triumph 675 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about having my street triple rx 2016 serviced by a independent mechanic, he's got a great reputation and lots of satisfied customers, but he can't reset the SIA symbol on the display, does anyone know if it's OK to run the bike with the service symbol left on even though its been service, not sure if the bike will run properly if the ecu does know that the service as been performed, will the bike go into limp mode after some time. Any advice would be appreciated guys.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You're overthinking this. The service icon coming on has no effect whatsoever on the bike. It's just triggered by the bike's mileage. If you can live with it you can ride your bike until eternity without affecting it.

It's also very easy to turn off. Your mechanic (or yourself) should invest in an OBD dongle (paid around $15 for mine):

This works with TuneECU App (free when I got it, though I think it's $10 now for the Android Bluetooth version).

Turn on your bike with the App on and it gives you a bunch of options, one of which is to turn off the wrench icon.

If you're ever in S. Carolina swing by and I'll do it for you :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts