Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i seem to be having a lot of trouble with my 675 blowing sensors or so the fault codes keep telling me im running the race wiring loom as far as i no its all connected fine with no damage to the loom but its now blown the speed sensor twice and the intake air temp once any ideas?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That is one wicked run-on sentence.

Just because you are getting codes does not mean the sensor is bad, it could be a loose connection. And for the loom...just cause you see no damage, does not mean the wires inside are not touching or grounded out somewhere.

On a side note, here is an example of why punctuation and proper capitalization are so important:

I helped my uncle Jack off a horse.
i helped my uncle jack off a horse.

:itsok:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very sorry. I did not realise people were on this site to correct my grammer. I will try harder in the future to keep all my sentances well punctuated. ha ha no i wont couldn't care less. but thanks for the input , ive tried taking the sensors out wiggling them round etc to check the connection but still no joy managed to clear the code once but it came back as soon as i started the bike.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
KEGSdale - you would probably make a heck of a good English teacher! :laugh:

If the NEA could stomach your down-home logic.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I am very sorry. I did not realise people were on this site to correct my grammer. I will try harder in the future to keep all my sentances well punctuated. ha ha no i wont couldn't care less. but thanks for the input , ive tried taking the sensors out wiggling them round etc to check the connection but still no joy managed to clear the code once but it came back as soon as i started the bike.
Touche.

what exactly did you do to clear the codes sometimes they take 3 heat cycles to be cleared if you have the race wiring harness i would assume you probably have a few other mods what are you using to check codes tuneboy tuneecu are you sure the sensors you replaced were bad could be a possible wiring issue ive chased electrical gremlins on cars for weeks changing out sensors etc only to find out there was a split wire that was grounding out causing all sorts of weird codes and shit has the bike ever been in an accident if so that may be the part of the problem

It's a bitch to read, ain't it? :biggrinjester: In all seriousness - I'm just having some fun.

What exactly did you do to clear the codes? Sometimes they take 3 heat cycles to be cleared. If you have the race wiring harness I would assume you probably have a few other mods, what are you using to check codes? Tuneboy? Tuneecu? Are you sure the sensors you replaced were bad? Could be a possible wiring issue. I've chased electrical gremlins on cars for weeks, changing out sensors, etc. Only to find out there was a split wire that was grounding out causing all sorts of weird codes and shit. Has the bike ever been in an accident? If so that may be the part of the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I have done to reset is what it says in the triumph race manual. full throttle kill switch off ,on,off,on and off and the dash flashes up the code number and the race manual gives a list of all the different flash sequences to tell you the fault that's all I've been going by. I got the bike new and have never crashed it but the sensors are expensive when i put a new one in and clear fault code its fine for a couple of races . then another one seems to go :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts