Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with these systems?

I'm averaging 1000kms a week and although it doesn't take long, lubricating the chain etc... well.... sometimes I forget..

I would like to maximise the life of the chain and sprockets aswell, in which the Scottoiler system seems to promise.

Unfortunately, it won't be going on a 675, but a TT600... Still a Triumph??!!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've had a scott oiler on my bike for hmm, 4.5 years? Still on the same chain but it's only got some odd 30K kms due to my injured shoulder, I only ride about 1/5th of what I would if I wasn't injured. But they rock, saves me needing to oil my chain and chains have always lasted a lot longer than non scott oiler bikes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have a Scott oiler on my D675. I find a lot slower drop rate than recommended works well, with a lot less mess (splatter). From memory a drop about every 4 minutes instead of 1. I also may have a set of levers you are welcomed to. I ordered some for my Sprint but received the wrong sort. I think they fit a TT 600? Black with red adjustor tab, 6 adjustments. If they fit your bike and you would like them I'l mail them to you for free. If you can let me have an e-mail address I will sent you a pic to see if they are the same levers as a TT600.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your comments ... Looks like the Scottoiler system is a pretty good system..
But I will look at the Loobman system, thanks HQ0675.. That looks a like a good alternative.

Doited.. Your a champion. I have PM'ed you.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I have the Loobman it works great:thumbup: I give it a 2 second squeeze before each ride..... it was kinda a bitch to get the little wire lined up good on the sprocket though just be patient.... and way cheaper than scottoiler:thumbup: I just use 10w40 amsoil for the lube.

here are some pics

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Qweezy! Nice install bro! I like a lot and I never really thought about putting on an oiling system but I do find myself forgetting once in a while. You have a link for yours and where you got it from?

How much of a PITA was it for the new hoses that you have on? (the blue ones)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Qweezy! Nice install bro! I like a lot and I never really thought about putting on an oiling system but I do find myself forgetting once in a while. You have a link for yours and where you got it from?

How much of a PITA was it for the new hoses that you have on? (the blue ones)
http://www.chainoiler.co.uk/ for the LOOBMAN

the hoses are SFS you can get here http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/prod_bikekits.asp?make=triumph

they were pretty easy to install and you get all hoses with SFS unlike Samco. oh and you will need to get LINED hose clamps otherwise you will tear up the silicone if you need part numbers let me know you can pick up the clamps from NAPA for like 5 bucks

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
NAPA Auto Parts -- balkamp is the brand/ line code

here is the part numbers you will need they have liners so you wont tear up the silicone hoses

BK 705-1212 ------ 6 of these

BK 705-1052 ------ 6 of these

and 2 Corbin clamps for the SMALL return hose on on the spin a round tree in any napa a grey carded pack comes with like 4 or 5 sizes

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Thanks qweesy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts