Triumph 675 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, so that didn't take as long as I thought ... after a little over a month searching for a used STR at a good price and not half-way across the country, we decided to price new ones last week. We called around to all the Triumph dealerships within a couple hours drive from us and found a great deal on a brand new 2010 at D&D Cycles in Pensacola, FL (great folks, recommend em if you're in the area). We had the day off on Thursday the 23rd, so we got up early, hooked up to the trailer (it was too chilly to ride!), and headed out.

Attached are the only two pics I have so far. Obviously nothing special right now since it's bone stock, but I'm still proud of her. :nod:

The only thing on it so far that wasn't there from the factory is a set of rear stand bobbins. I have a Triumph hugger on the way though and will probably be ordering a few more goodies this week since I have some Christmas money to burn. :whistle:

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Awesome!

Where are you located in MS? I'm in Caledonia. We'll need to get together for a ride sometime.

That dealership in P'cola is good. I've been there several times to drool since my FIL lives in P'cola.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in the Jackson area but live about an hour south in Brookhaven. I must admit, even though I've lived in MS my entire life, I've never heard of Caledonia ... had to find it on Google Maps. :) When the weather is nicer my wife and I have been known to make random loops out into other parts of the state so maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride!

And I know what ya mean about drooling when you walk in that dealership. Between the Triumphs, Ducs, and Aprilias they have plenty to drool over!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, random question for the other owners on here ... One thing I've noticed - or rather failed to notice - is a place to lock your helmet to the bike. I pulled the seat off yesterday in anticipation of running the wires for my Zumo cradle and looked around for a hook on which to hang the helmet. I saw none. I couldn't find one anywhere else on the bike, and the book doesn't mention one either. Did they really not include the little metal tab on which to hang your helmet's D-ring so it can be secured when you're away from the bike???

·
Registered
473 Posts
Get rid of that stock exhaust quick smart! :thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh, yeah exhaust is on the short-list of things to do, but it probably won't be right off the bat since that's a more expensive piece of kit than some of the other things I want. I should have asked for a money tree for Christmas!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hang mine under the seat on the left side of the bike where the battery and other wiring is routed under a tab, its a bit of a stretch but it works.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Congrats on the bike, graphite is definitely the best color!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hang mine under the seat on the left side of the bike where the battery and other wiring is routed under a tab, its a bit of a stretch but it works.
Hmmm, thanks for the info. I didn't see anything that looked like I could hang the helmet on it, but I'm certainly not above overlooking something that's right in front of me! :whistle:

Congrats on the bike, graphite is definitely the best color!
Thanks! And yeah, that's what I've heard. :coolgleamA:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Oh, random question for the other owners on here ... One thing I've noticed - or rather failed to notice - is a place to lock your helmet to the bike. I pulled the seat off yesterday in anticipation of running the wires for my Zumo cradle and looked around for a hook on which to hang the helmet. I saw none. I couldn't find one anywhere else on the bike, and the book doesn't mention one either. Did they really not include the little metal tab on which to hang your helmet's D-ring so it can be secured when you're away from the bike???
I bought the Helmet Guardian which mounts on the license plate bracket and it gives you two helmet locks :cool2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ANZAC, that looks pretty cool. I might have to check those out!

@sml, $8900 otd, BUT that was without tax since I don't live in FL. It'll be about $500 more once I pay taxes here in MS, but that's still nearly a grand less than the price I was quoted at the dealership here in town. :eek:

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Congrats on buying the fastest color :)
You should consider the Ozark Rat Raid in late April. Just 7 hours from you.

http://www.ozarkratraid.com/

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha, thanks. My wife and I actually made a trip up to the Ozarks for a few days of camping and riding last May. Beautiful area, so thanks for the info!

PS - All last weekend while the weather sucked too much to ride, one line kept going through my head over and over ... it was the pickle quote in your signature, LOL! It's like that commercial you hate because it just gets stuck in your head! So yeah, thanks for that. :biggrinjester:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts